Job #: 9466
Title: Credit Risk Loan Review Executive
Job Location: Dallas, Texas - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Credit Risk Loan Review Executive
- Complete and submit the loan review risk assessment, program, and objectives to the Audit and Risk Oversight Committee for approval.
- Perform loan reviews of complex loan types and samples standardized portfolios including large or high-risk lending areas.
- Oversees the ongoing independent evaluation of the Banks commercial and homogeneous loan portfolio quality.
- Ensure compliance with established policies, regulatory guidelines, sound lending practices and the stability of lending practices and activities.
- Work under limited supervision and provides feedback to Senior Management and Account Officers. Performs credit administration reviews.
- Submit written reports detailing internal loan and credit administration reviews, complete with risk evaluations and associated collectability to Senior Management and the Audit and Risk Oversight Committee.
- Assess the adequacy of and adherence to Bank loan policies and procedures. Review compliance with relevant state, UCC and federal banking laws and regulations.
- Recommend appropriate loan risk grade or adversely classify loans, especially those with well-defined credit weaknesses that jeopardize the repayment.
- Evaluate the activities of lending personnel, ensuring such activities are compliant with lending policies and the quality of their loan approval, monitoring, and risk grading assessment.
- Discuss all noted deficiencies and identified weaknesses, and any existing or planned corrective actions, including time frames for correction, with appropriate loan officers and managers.
- Track corrective action of noted weaknesses through to resolution and report such action or inaction to Senior Management and the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Use a formal methodology to set the loan review scope and prepare ongoing risk assessments of the Banks portfolios.
- Evaluate credit risk of the loan portfolio by reviewing all lending departments and products through new production sampling, seasoned loans, and marginal and criticized loan reviews within the portfolios.
- Conduct credit risk assessments by evaluating the financial position of borrowers considering prudent lending practices through financial/cash flow analysis and applying credit principles and banking regulations.
- Identify potential systemic problems in the life cycle of a credit from origination, underwriting, documentation, and problem loans.
- Develop problem loans in a timely manner in order to minimize loan losses and ensure effective credit risk management practices.
- Prepare written reports directed to lending department management, Senior Credit Administration personnel, Chief Audit Executive, Executive Management, and the Audit and Risk Committee. Summarize overall review findings including risk grade changes, impairment recommendations, and recommendations aimed at improving the quality of certain loans, the departments credit administration practices, or compliance with lending policies.
- Cooperate with external auditors and regulators, as necessary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Coach and mentor staff members, identify training needs and create development plans.
- Validate the accuracy of the inputs to the models utilized in the credit grading/loan review system.
- Provide Senior Management and the Audit and Risk Oversight Committee with an objective and timely assessment of the overall quality of the loan portfolio.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Minimum of 6 years of direct loan review or loan audit experience, or a minimum of 8 years of equivalent lending, credit underwriting or portfolio management experience.
- M.B.A. preferred.
- Credit risk management best practices, policies and procedures.
- Loan accounting, credit analysis, financial analysis, lending practices, banking regulations, and the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Financial analysis including ratio, trend, and cash flow analysis.
- Lending policy, procedures, loan documentation and appraisal requirements.
- Allowance for loan and lease losses (ALLL) requirements, specifically ASC 310-10.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to prepare and present persuasive oral and written reports effectively to bank personnel of all levels, including internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Prioritizing deliverables in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Utilize conflict resolution skills to improve the Banks goals and objectives.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
- Lead the work of others and provide training, coaching and mentoring.
- Facilitate meetings ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Perform fundamental human resource management activities.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes without organizational authority.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Read, interpret and apply information from business periodicals and professional journals.
- Work independently in a leadership role in a team environment.
- Lead others in providing a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: