Job #: 9471
Title: Electrical Engineer (Power & Circuit Design)
Job Location: Dayton, Nevada - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is a growing aerospacce company in a rural area that offers lots of growth to their employees. This is a division of a 3B dollar company that is very financially stable. No risk of lay offs here. JOB DESCRIPTION
The electrical engineer will focus on electrical and power supply design, PCB layout, electrical testing, troubleshooting, technical writing, cost estimating and cost reduction, and both component and system level product development. This position will own the electrical design of assigned products and work closely with engineering, sales, customer service, and operations. Frequent interface with both suppliers and customers will also be required to perform this function.
- Demonstrates company values and shares the organizational commitment to ensure quality products and processes.
- Provides technical analysis of customer requirements and specifications and resolves technical issues while collaborating with customers, Sales and Marketing teams to develop innovative, cost effective, manufacturable design solutions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets the technical requirements contained in requests for proposal (RFP), requests for quotation (RFQ), requests for information (RFI), information for bid (IFB), etc.
- Collaborates with Operations to ensure product designs are producible (design for manufacturability).
- Provides timely technical guidance and support to Operations on production issues with new and legacy products, and provides assistance in resolving difficult technical problems to ensure quality products.
- Drives cost reduction efforts in current and new product design
- Designs AC & DC electrical systems from customer specifications
- Prepares wiring diagrams
- Reviews and approves drawings
- Performs and reports on RCA (root cause analysis)
- Creates technical proposals, technical materials, procurement specifications, and electrical analysis procedures and reports
- Reviews drawings, quotes, and proposals
- Support obsolescence mitigation, specifying alternate parts as needed
- Supports preparation and updates to task lists
- Interfaces with customers, contacts, and suppliers to resolve technical and project related issues
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new products
- Oversees performance and qualification testing for products
- Performs site surveys to collect design data and specifications
- Supports product installations
- A minimum of 5 years of lighting circuit design/engineering experience
- A minimum of 3 years using OrCAD Capture and OrCAD PCB designer
- Proven experience in the original drafting of both internal testing documentation and external customer-based certification and operational documentation
- Aerospace or military electronics design experience
- Aerospace (DO-160) or military (MIL-461) qualification and lab testing experience
- Independent program management experience
- Independent design architectural experience
- Field engineering experience
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Must have demonstrated professional knowledge of engineering principles, strong analytical and critical thinking, and innovation skills
- Must be able to resolve technical problems, effectively manage multiple technical projects simultaneously, and work with customer contacts to define design parameters
- Ability to identify and mitigate project/design risks and communicate project/design goals and requirements
- Must have a high level of comprehension and numerical ability (analytical), detail-orientation with solid organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels, both internally and externally
- Knowledge of power circuits / power supply design / lighting circuit design
- Must have an understanding of drawing requirements and standards
- Willingness to travel to support; initial scope specification detail, testing and qualification, and field installation
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: