Job #: 1758
Title: Operations Specialist, Mag Chloride
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Operations Specialist, Mag Chloride /Chemical Engineer
Location: Ogden, UT Near Salt Lake City JOB DESCRIPTION
Education and Experience :
- Bachelors degree in engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Demonstrated problem solving success in an industrial environment.
- Three plus (5+ preferred) years of supervisory/leadership experience in a heavy industrial setting.
- Five plus years of technical experience in a heavy industrial setting.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing, SPC and/or Six Sigma preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an industrial setting.
- Calculates heat and mass balances of plant processes.
- Works in conjunction with operations and engineering to maintain the MOC process.
- Performs fluid mechanics calculations to size new pumps and piping and to evaluate existing systems for problem solving and optimization.
- Conducts plant and lab tests to measure the impact of process changes on plant performance. Assess analysis and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Troubleshoots chemistry and material handling problems, and identifies solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to improve plant efficiencies and prepares Capital Acquisition Requests (CARs) with the appropriate supportive documentation
- Regularly monitors plant operations to assure safety, quality and cost controls meet expectations.
- Supports KPI development, measurements, communication, and continuous improvement utilizing Compass Continuous Improvement Process tools
- Provide leadership and support for operational improvement projects, including the development of a technical improvement plan.
- Supports development of training programs and the training of plant operators.
- Modifies, develops and implements SOPs with support from Site training resources.
- Maintains daily KPIs, operating instructions and other efficiency stats for plant operations.
- Determines and maintains proper staffing levels. Insures adequate training, evaluation and retention of employees are provided.
- Evaluates production capacity deficits and recommends and/or leads efforts to close those gaps.
- Implements necessary policies and procedures to safely meet or exceed daily and monthly SOIP objectives.
- Responsible for continuously improving Mag Plant performance in safety, yield, capacity, uptime, and quality.
- Leads the organization forward in achieving the operations budget, and assists Ops Manager in setting that budget.
- Assurance of Safe plant operations and environmental compliance.
- Develop and report on critical control parameters including plant through put and plant inputs and outputs.
- KPIs and other critical operating information/statistics meet established deadlines.
- Plant operators are trained and tested for comprehension in advance of assignment into an operating area.
- Assures that material and energy balance reporting is developed and reported as required.
- Operating procedures are well understood and deployed with consistency across shifts.
- Achievement of Plant Operations Budget.
Please fill out the information and cut and paste in the email below so my client can enter your information into their HR system. Then attach your resume in word and data sheet to this email. Take as much space as needed!
Please send your resume and data sheet
Please see the requested data sheet below and attach your resume in Microsoft word and return by email. Thanks in advance.
- Current or last income?
- Minimum income and above?
- Reasons for changing jobs?
- Locations desired (States and or Cities)?
- The best number to contact you at during the day?
- Email address?
- Are you authorized to work in the US? (US Citizen, Perm Resident or Visa)
- Are you bilingual? If so detail.
- Explain in detail how you qualify for this position! (Please look at the required section in job description. This is the part that the client will decide who or whom they bring in for interviews.) Your response shouldnt be generic i.e. Im a hard worker or Im a good communicator
We will contact you on positive feedback! Thanks in advance
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: