Job #: 6523
Title: Technical Manager
Job Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Need related industry experience paints, coatings aerosols
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a world leader in the coatings industry and is adding key players to their innovation team. If you like a technical challenge, enjoy working in a team environment and have a proven track record of success we want to talk to you. Background in solvent coatings, paints,primers and aerosols all welcome. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Technical Leader is responsible for commercializing new or existing coatings technology and will engage in the conceptualization and development of new coatings, chemical, and engineering technologies to drive new business opportunities.
The Technical Leader will set activities, timetables, and milestones with supporting technical groups.
- Lead and execute projects for consumer and industrial maintenance primers.
- Assign and coordinate activities set timetables of the R&D team to include project completion.
- Participate in strategic planning for future products and businesses with R&D team.
- Prioritize, support, and coordinate all intellectual property initiatives, working closely with internal and external IP council and technology team.
- Manage and collaborate with all outside technical resources, both contractual and academic.
- Engage in the conceptualization and development of new primers and technologies
- Provide technical support to new and existing customers.
- Provide hands-on support for new technology commercialization including plant start-up or out-sourcing.
Requirements for Technical Leader in Wisconsin
- Masters degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science/Engineering, PhD preferred.
- 10+ years hands on exterior primer/coating formulation experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience in solvent borne coatings.
- Scientific and managerial leadership in scale-up and commercialization of new products
- Detailed involvement in strategy, development, data collection, and filing of intellectual property.
- Experience in pilots/launch of new products, product testing, and basic research.
- Budgetary responsibility (planning and implementation) for all technical operations.
- Cross-business interaction and communication skills at all levels of management and operations.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel
- Supervision of contract labs, consultants academic collaborations
- Experienced in scientific project planning, milestone setting, and employee performance rating.
- Understanding of the consumer and industrial maintenance coatings market to include:
Current suppliers, coatings customers and end users.
Knowledge of industry test methods and their significance
Understanding competitive capabilities
- Proven track record of successful generation of new knowledge, products, or procedures
- Proven ability to use fundamental polymer properties to predict end-use performance.
- Demonstrated use of Design of Experiments DOE.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of time, domestically and internationally
- Self-starter with solid verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
University - PhD
How to Apply: