Job #: 6523
Title: R&D Leader
Job Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Need related industry experience paints, coatings aerosols
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a world leader in the coatings industry and is adding key players to their innovation team. If you like a technical challenge, enjoy working in a team environment and have a proven track record of success we want to talk to you. Background in solvent coatings, paints,primers and aerosols all welcome. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a world leader in the coating industry.
The R&D Leader is responsible for commercializing new or existing coatings technology and will engage in the conceptualization and development of new coatings, new chemistries, and engineering technologies to drive new business opportunities.
The R&D Leader will also set activities, timetables, and milestones with supporting technical groups.
- Develop new technologies targeted at consumer and industrial coatings.
- Support manufacturing and business units to insure quality and performance.
- Develop project goals, timelines and milestones jointly with Marketing Teams.
- Manage and collaborate efforts with outside technical resources, both supplier related and academically originated.
- Mentor R&D staff
- Work with Regulatory to insure compliance of existing products and new products.
- Provides any necessary assistance to Customers and Sales
- Masters degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science/Engineering, PhD preferred.
- 10+ years hands on coating formulation/development experience in water-based coatings
- Ability to oversee and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to move projects from inception to commercialization.
- Proven track record of experience in the planning, execution and implementation of projects.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of project management.
- Proven track record of successful product launches.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with inter and intra-company disciplines.
- Proven history of leadership and innovation with solid record keeping skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of time, domestically and internationally
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
University - PhD
How to Apply: