Job #: 9595
Title: Head of Operational Marketing
Job Location: Hauppauge, New York - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 20% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Job is open because the incumbent is going back to Germany, where the parent company is located n Hamburg. Still, they have also done some restructuring so that this is a lesser role. "Head of" doesn`t mean VP in this case, but more of an Exec Director functioning as a "supermanager"
- Life science
- Traditional marketing (ecommerce will not be done here)
- Operational oversight of 3 Marcom people and 8 product managers
- Lots of trade show activity - set up booths help manage training for sales peep.
If you`ve worked in a lab, you`ve worked with this company`s products; need that background - the Prod Mgrs who report to this position will naturally be conversant with the products.
They have an internal candidate who has appllied but they don`t seem to be enethused, want outside candidates
Job is based on LI, North American office in Hauppauge encompases Sales, Service and Marketing. Prefer someone local.
Hiring process: JOB DESCRIPTION
1) Interview w/ HR Director
3) German team
As Head of Operational Marketing, this position will lead the Marketing team in the North America Market Regions within the newly formed Global Operational Marketing Organization.
Coordinate planning and oversee execution of all marketing activities in the Market Region, including directing and managing marketing teams on site and in field
- Ensure regular exchange of information with Global Operational Marketing and Business Portfolio pre-launch on market- and channel-dynamics (in cooperation with other functions, where needed)
- Ensure successful execution of product launches in the Regions (end to end responsibility) and coordinate alignment with Global Operational Marketing and the regional Sales organization
- Oversee product specific and cross-product marketing activities and campaigns for the Market Region and ensure leveraging of global content and regular feedback on regional marketing requirements to the global team
- Oversee development of customer and application specific sales support materials in all categories, based on global guidelines and content
- Define core contents for all regional sales force training materials, based on global guidelines and content, and oversee execution of trainings
- Create the annual Regional Operational Marketing Plan in close collaboration with global marketing team
- In cooperation with Regional Director of Finance, report on the marketing and sales status of the Region; prepare and present relevant content for quarterly and annual business reviews as required
- Develop, manage, and control adherence to the regional annual marketing budget, including advertising, promotion, and exhibition expenses
* Masters degree in science, ideally with a business degree (e.g. MBA)
* Minimum of seven years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in leadership and management in marketing and/or sales, including leading of small and mid-size teams
* Life science industry experience
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: