Job #: 9745
Title: Site Reliability Engineer with Linux
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Excellent Annual Bonuses and Superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a highly successful technology company known for their technical innovations, creates ultra-scalable and highly reliable software systems which offer consistent and dependable platforms for sophisticated trading and global investment clients.
This company is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer, skilled in LINUX who will focus on system scalability and the automation of systems. This SRE, as part of a small team, will be involved in all phases of the SDLC including developing new software features with Python, Java or Perl, applying automation and improving system scaling and performance.
This is an outstanding career opportunity with a hi-tech company that rewards good work strong bonuses and superior benefits. Great working environment. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Perform as SRE in highly technical environment on advanced global systems
- Build automated tools using Python or Perl or Java to measure and monitor availability and health of the systems.
- Work with experienced software developers to make improvements to increase availability and performance of the systems.
- Make systems more scalable and evolve systems by analyzing and recommending changes that improve reliability and response times.
- Provide analysis and support for performance incidents response times and postmortems.
- Solid knowledge of the Linux OS.
- Programming experience with Python, Perl or Java. Skill in more than one of these coding languages is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Apache, Tomcat and Jboss.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complex analysis and software design.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance-related issues in a Linux environment.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Must be highly analytical and have ability to independently solve complex problems.
- Masters or BS in Computer Science or related technical field such as Engineering, Physics, Mathematics etc.
Additional preferred skills:
- Familiarity with Ansible, mod_security, reverse proxy, php, docker, networking.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: