Job #: 9761
Title: Field Service Electrical Engineer/Technician
Job Location: East Chicago, Indiana - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a leader in the specialty chemicals industry is looking for an Electrical Field Service Technician/ Engineer to join their team. The individual would be located in East Chicago, IN or Detroit MI and would have approximately 20% travel to the surrounding 13-state area. JOB DESCRIPTION
This position will report to the Electrical Reliability Manager and will work with the Regional Reliability team to achieve strategic reliability goals within the Region. The Electrical Field Service Technician/ Engineer will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of preventive/predictive programs and corrective maintenance solutions for electrical systems and equipment in multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations in the field.
- Maintain and troubleshoot industrial electrical distribution systems and equipment including:
- Substations, Breakers, Switchgear, MCCs, Protective Relay systems, Battery and UPS systems and Transformers with voltages up to 138kV.
- Induction and synchronous motors up to 40,000 hp and 15,000 volts.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform preventive & corrective maintenance based on established procedures.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and perform predictive maintenance - such as IR Thermography, Transformer Oil Analysis, Partial Discharge Analysis and Power Quality Analysis.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 25% out of town travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours is required. Employee will be required to work in all weather conditions and must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding, man-lifts and crane baskets. QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Technology or a minimum 2 years of experience in the maintenance of medium voltage (5 kV to 15kV) electrical systems and equipment in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of industrial electrical systems and equipment.
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Bachelor`s Degree in Electrical Engineering / Technology or 2 years of experience as a Journeyman Electrician in an industrial environment
- Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting and repairs of medium voltage (5 kV to 15kV) industrial electrical systems and equipment.
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
- Proven understanding of control and instrumentation systems in an industrial environment.
- Proven experience in CMMS systems such as Infor EAM
East Chicago, IN or Detroit MI
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: