Job #: 9766
Title: Regional Sales Manager
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: commission
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for the development and management of Channel Partners, Customers and Prospects in their Midwest Region. Regional Sales Managers manage multiple districts within a region, maintains complimentary and competitive market presence and works with Senior Leadership regarding strategies and execution as appropriate for their territory. In this role you will oversee all sales and distribution in your assigned territory and work to grow your market presence. Candidate must possess innate leadership qualities, excel in maintaining and onboarding clients and relationships, and have a true passion for sharing the benefits our product offering.
This is a home based office position with territory covering the Midwest with preference for someone who live near Chicago JOB DESCRIPTION
- Leads the development of their region both with and without Channel Partner involvement.
- Executes sales strategies in their region and with their Channel Partners.
- Works closely with Vertical Market Managers to identify opportunities for growth.
- Performs competitive analysis and maintains a database of complementary and competitive products and Channel Partners.
- Establishes and maintains a healthy new project growth funnel to support regional, segment and product sales objectives.
- Monitors and reports on VOC performance metrics to maintain highest level of customer service.
- Develop value propositions and set target pricing accordingly.
- Engage with the industry throughout the value chain and identify trends and unmet needs.
- Drive new product development opportunities through market justified business plans.
- Identify gaps in our current capabilities and develop action plans to address them.
- Launch new products, gain early market acceptance, and accelerate penetration.
- Own the 4-Ps for marketing and determine appropriate targets for Sales.
- Identify, generate and capture more value from existing products in our portfolio.
- Define and refine key strategic customers and establish strong collaborative relationships.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company`s market share.
- Establishes dealer networks and creates and manages alliances with manufacturers.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for the region.
- Call prospects to generate sales pipeline for sales goals & metric.
- Generate weekly sales reports and submits them to management
- Collaborate with the management team to improve marketing materials and expand the companys marketing presence in the territory.
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients.
- Update client information in the company contact database.
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth.
Bachelor`s degree in business, marketing, engineering or a related field.
- Strong knowledge in the Industrial Power Industry preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience, including 3 years as a Regional Sales Manager.
- Commercial development acumen including value chain analysis, customer needs analysis, definition of value proposition, market positioning and a track record of success.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50+%.
- Highly competent in implementing strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization and team environment.
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Proficiency with ERP, CRM, and MS Office software
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: