Job #: 9697
Title: Director of Merchandising
Job Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a growing, West Michigan based distributor serving the healthcare industry is seeking a Director of Merchandising to join their team!
The Director of Merchandising will provide leadership for all merchandising and product development functions across brands and channels. The ideal candidate must have the ability to not only purchase product, but also to have an eye to identify new items and categories of merchandise. JOB DESCRIPTION
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have awareness of position in the marketplace, and create merchandising strategies based on market research, customer base, and competitive analysis across brand and across channel.
- Lead the effort for new product development for internally created products, directly managing 8-10 reports comprised of Product Managers and Brand Development Managers.
- Work closely with Marketing Department to ensure timely catalog/mail production and execution managing the pagination process.
- Direct achievement of future internet and catalog product sales goals by defining key merchandising issues by brand by channel.
- Determine product pricing and establishes goals for selection and assortment by brand while ensuring, quality, and cost of all merchandise.
- Responsible for gross margin management.
- Develop the strategy for and uphold the Merchandising budget.
- Identify current market trends and direct department accordingly.
- Oversee key vendor management, and maintain key vendor relationship status through proper communication.
- Work closely with Fulfillment in regard to inventory management, inventory levels, turns, and accuracy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related degree.
- A Masters of Business Administration or Marketing is preferred.
- Direct Marketing experience in Business to Business or Business to Consumer Marketing required.
- A minimum of 15 years experience and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments in Direct Marketing.
- Must work effectively with senior-level executives, board members and staff within an organization.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning, marketing, business and market development, and market research.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple brands while thinking ahead and planning over a 1-2 year time span.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: