Job #: 9699
Title: I & E Engineer
Job Location: Beaumont, Texas - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% bonus opportunity
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
I & E Engineer - Beaumont/Pt. Arthur JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is one of the largest petrochemical businesses in the United States manufacturing chemical products for consumers and industrial customers. They are operational in over 30 countries and employ approximately 10,000 associates. Here you will find an energized and passionate team of professionals making products and providing solutions that impact all of us.
Our client currently has an immediate opening for a dynamic individual with proven capability as an Instrument & Electrical Engineer. In this role, you will provide electrical and instrumentation technical support. You will work closely with all levels of maintenance and operations. You will support daily maintenance activities, under reliability initiatives, and capital projects. This position requires flexibility for providing support outside the main field of expertise, handling tasks simultaneously, be goal oriented, and quickly adapts to new situations
What will be expected from you? QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide electrical and instrumentation technical support for the maintenance department: preventive maintenance, repairs, operations, improvements, and installation of infrastructure
- Work with maintenance personnel to evaluate PM and inspection reports, make recommendations for electrical and instrumentation systems, HVAC, HVAC controls, fire systems,
fire alarm, and other related equipment.
- Work to continuously improve the electrical and instrumentation reliability of the unit by implementing projects and maintaining metrics.
- Responsible for engineering, estimating, procurement, and management of small capital projects as required.
- Provide electrical technical support to various departments for their equipment as requested.
- Provide capital project support for various departments as requested.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to
ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5 years of electrical engineering experience in a petrochemical or refining facility required
Must possess or be able to obtain TWIC card, for information please visit
- Possess a good working knowledge of instrument and electrical systems
- Maintain the technical knowledge to provide guidance to electricians/instrument technicians
- Experienced in troubleshooting electrical and instrumentation equipment
- SAP familiarity is desired
- DCS and PLC experience is desired
- Electrical system experience 480+ volts preferred
- Knowledge of risk-based work prioritization methodology
- Knowledge of economic evaluation methods (Life-Cycle Cost Analysis, NPV, Benefit/Cost)
- Knowledge in Reliability Centered Maintenance or some form of Asset Management Plan Development is desired
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: