Job #: 9848
Title: Plant process engineer
Job Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
My client produced metals and powders from raw materials to finished products serving multiple markets, They maintain over 700 customer-initiated specifications outlining physical and chemical requirements, even customized packaging to assure long-term product reliability. They are the leader in what they do.They have multiple locations across the US and a new state of the art facility just completed. Looking for 5 plus years experience in a heavy industry operation (steel, cement, chemicals, foundry) working with raw materials and high temperature furnaces. JOB DESCRIPTION
To perform technical and non-technical work requiring originality, judgment, and technical expertise in support of metallurgical processes at my clients facilities. Responds to operating, quality control, maintenance, safety, and environmental problems of technical nature. Responsible for initiating and overall coordination of technical projects, both short and long term, from conceptualization through start-up and operation. Position requires limited supervision and involves direct interface with personnel as well as at other company plants and customer plants, as required. Special emphasis on understanding iron and steel-making processes and how Company products can be utilized in iron and steel production. Position reports to Director of Technology or Technical Manager, and may supervise Process Engineers, engineering assistants, or technicians. Position involves considerable travel to our other plants and customer plants. QUALIFICATIONS
- Ideal candidate will have a BS in Metallurgy, Ceramics, Chemical, or Materials engineering or similar.
- Responsible for initiating, proposing, planning, scheduling, executing and/or coordinating technical, process, maintenance, or construction projects which vary in scope and complexity. Includes identifying/ recommending resources needed to execute projects
- Identifies opportunities for overall process improvements. Arrives at functional solutions to operating, maintenance, and environmental problems. Evaluates metallurgical processes, performs basic process and engineering calculations, analyzes test data, develops equipment specs and writes technical reports.
- Receives supervision and guidance only in terms of specific work objectives and critical issues
- Solves non-routine technical problems.
- Provides technical consultation to operating personnel in establishing or revising operating and maintenance procedures.
- Develops specialized or non-routine procedures.
- Provide technical service to purchasing, sales and marketing personnel.
- Interprets test and operating data and makes appropriate, timely recommendations, based on fundamental scientific and engineering principles,
- Provide operating and technical guidance to Engineering Department.
- Provide economic evaluations of processes, process improvements or capital projects
- Provide technical consultation to improving Company products for application to iron and steel-making processes; coordinates testing at Company plants to effect such improvements.
- Provide technical support to iron and steel-making customers, including on-site supervision and analysis of customer plant tests with Company products.
- Assist in supervising a part of the operation in case of an emergency.
- Supervise, coordinate and review the work of a small technical staff.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend potential process modifications to effect cost savings or quality improvements.
- Provide technical consultation to Process Engineers and contribute to the
growth and training of less experienced engineers and subordinates
- Maintain in-depth technical and/or business awareness in specified fields and evaluate changes
- Identify areas of technical opportunity for Horsehead and evaluate these areas by the design of suitable experiments and analysis of resultant information.
- Participate in new process development
- Train and professionally develop any persons supervised. Provide adequate and necessary supervision of subordinates.
- Monitor quality control and environmental compliance.
- Interact with contacts outside the company such as vendors, customers, trade, and professional organizations
- Initiate reports/memos as required or appropriate. Communicate significant information in timely manner.
- Must be able to wear all safety equipment used in plant. Maintain orderly and safe work area. Reinforce company safety rules and programs
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to travel to attend seminars/conferences, visit customers or suppliers, or conduct tests/projects at off-site plants, as required
- Computer literate with word processing and spreadsheet.
Write operating procedures and instructions for new or modified processes
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: