Job #: 9805
Title: Continuous Improvement Leader - Refining Technologies
Job Location: Columbia, Maryland - United States
Salary: $120,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 14-16% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Continuous Improvement Leader - Refining Technologies JOB DESCRIPTION
With the company taking aggressive actions to expand and grow, they are looking to improve and upgrade their facilities across the nation and some internationally! They are looking to hire the right type of talent and a fast paced, driven type of personality.
This role, reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence, with dotted line responsibility to the Operations Director, is responsible for driving productivity and ensuring productivity targets are achieved. You will be responsible for evaluating financial benefits, technical reviews, project approval and allocation and optimization of resources across network-wide opportunities. In addition, he/she will enable key business initiatives by closely aligning with business partners and other support functions integrate business and technology into project selection and ensure a globally consistent approach. This person will have dotted line responsibility for plant Black Belts.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Works in a matrix organization to drive productivity across all product line plants. Is accountable for overall productivity performance
- Responsible for evaluating financial benefits, technical reviews, project approval and allocation and optimization of resources
- Identifies system-wide productivity opportunities and ensures that they are resourced
- Leads high impact productivity projects that have major impact on financial results
- Develops processes to ensure productivity processes become fundamental business processes
- Enables key business initiatives by aligning with business partners and other support functions
- Integrates business and technology into project selection.
- Mentors black belts and green belts
- Align with other product line Productivity Leaders ensuring a companywide approach to programs and platforms
- Works with plant managers and operations leaders to develop a sustained pool of Six Sigma talent
- Minimum 8 years experience in operations management or technical leadership
- BS degree required. Engineering or related discipline preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean certification required
- Leadership experience with Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, time management, collaborative and interpersonal skills. Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: