Job #: 9809
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 75% match 401k of 8%
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Mechanical Engineer JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
Under direct supervision, perform a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases of capital projects. Work closely with experienced personnel supporting procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of projects with activities including assisting with preparation of labor/material estimates and design packages. Work typically performed in office and field.
- The individual must personally set a good example with all rules and regulations to achieve 100% universal compliance with HS&E (Health, Safety & Environmental) Procedures/Regulations.
- Exposure to PFDs, P&IDs and line lists.
- Knowledge of operating pressures and temperatures.
- Compiling data for project reports, collecting and compiling field data, assisting proposal efforts as directed, documenting technical data for management review and providing other entry level duties as assigned.
- Other duties include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of project design, and development of specifications and performance of detailed engineering.
- System walk down to identify deficiencies and ensure compliance to design and customer requirements.
- Learn applicable engineering codes and standards but not limited to ANSI, API and ASME as well as company policies and procedures.
- Ensure construction practices as required are in compliance with operations/execution with federal, state, local and plant codes/policies.
- Review process package and prepare equipment/material specifications sheets to order items. Review with vendor to confirm capability and delivery to meet project objectives.
- Must be able analyze field data in operating facilities.
- 10% travel
- BSME from a four (4) year accredited college or university.
- 2+ years of engineering work experience.
- Been exposed to piping systems and process equipment.
- Basic understanding of equipment design and PVF.
- AutoCAD, 2D and possibly 3D
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and computer literacy required.
- Co-op/Intern experience with industrial equipment, installations, or equipment layouts.
- Preferred hands-on experience in installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment in industrial facility.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in PV Elite and Caesar software.
- Engineering Fundamentals Exam completed or planned for near term.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: