Job #: 9810
Title: HSE Manager
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
HSE Manager JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
The Manager of Health Safety and Environment will provide health, safety, process safety, environmental and security leadership to ensure constant compliance of all local, state, and federal regulatory requirements. You will be expected to lead a world class HSE program that is protective of our employees and our community.
- Develop and communicate a clear vision that establishes a world class HSE program to achieve 100% regulatory compliance.
- Sets clear HSE compliance expectations for site or plant.
- Lead and provide expert hands-on technical involvement on issues, programs, and processes involving compliance with HSE standards and policies.
- Member of the sites Leadership Team and will need to provide strategic input to ensure the site operates safe and successfully.
- Continued integration of the Responsible Care 14001 management system and HSE into the site operating systems.
- Participate in site activities on a regular basis, including tier meetings, floor visits, rapid problem solving, and continuous improvement discussions.
- Participate in significant HSE incident investigations and root cause analyses
- Can lead site in the brainstorming, planning, and implementation of systems to improve operations and compliance.
- Sets up systems to audit implementation, and modifies plans as needed to continuously improve site safety compliance and site HSE culture.
- Leads by example and engages and inspires employees daily to follow processes that achieve world class HSE performance.
- Engage employees on HSE through teaching, leading and one-on-one contacts.
- Manage the sites security requirements and drive systematic improvements.
- Implement systems to regularly collect, track and trend key HSE performance indicators. Analyze data and communicate findings to help prevent HSE incidents and near misses.
- Provide HSE technical advice and support for employees at all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement.
- Accountable for management of HSE corrective actions and timely closure.
- Maintain site HSE training compliance.
- Evaluate future proposed regulations or corporate requirements. Provide recommendation on path forward, and implement appropriate program measures to ensure compliance.
- Using MOC, PSSR, and HS&E reviews, ensure concept, design, and installation of capital projects and other process changes meet all HSE requirements
- Prepare written Emergency Response Plan and manage the Emergency Response Brigade.
Basic Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in engineering or science or a closely related technical science discipline is required.
- 10 plus years professional experience in a Health, Safety, and Environmental role including experience in the chemical process or petrochemical environment
- 3-5 years of leadership experience
- Travel a minimum of +10%.
- US work authorization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude to work with teams and motivate others.
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all level of an organization.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrated proficiently with incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, databases, graphics).
- RC-14001 experience
- Positive attitude and solid analytical skills are desired plus the successful candidate should be willing to remain well connected via e-mail and other electronic communication tools.
- Excellent written and oral communications and organizational skills are a must.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: