Job #: 11377
Title: Manufacturing Supervisor, Precision Optics
Job Location: Rochester, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Full Benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Manufacturing Supervisor, Precision Optics
Rochester, New York
We are in immediate need of a Supervisor in managing manufacturing of precision optics and assemblies. Great opportunity to move into a supervisor position if you have had experience as a cell leader, shift supervisor, etc. You will be both supervising several functions/areas of the manufacturing process and assisting hands-on part of the time in areas that need help. Great opportunity to grow with an international company! JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Supervise optics manufacturing personnel in one or more of the following activities
- Fabrication of precision optics
- Inspection of precision optics
- Assembly and test of optical, opto-mechanical, and opto-electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Contribute to optics manufacturing production by performing one or more of the tasks listed above about 50% of the time
- Assign personnel to work centers and jobs according to their skills and job priority.
- Ensure correct time reporting
- Review vacation and PST requests and approve consistent with production demands and company policy.
- Manage reporting and trouble-shooting of non-conforming material.
- Monitor performance of tools, fixtures, and test equipment and report all requirements for maintenance or resupply to Manager, Optics Manufacturing.
- Conduct regular, formal performance reviews with direct reports.
- Assist Manager in performance of his/her duties and act as Manager when Manager is away from the workplace.
- Perform optics manufacturing production tasks in manner described in appropriate fabricator or technician job description for approximately 20 hours each week, or as directed by Manager.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associates degree in Optical Technology, Photonics, Electro-Optics, or similar discipline, or
- Associates degree in a technology specialty such as machine tools or electronics, or
- A certificate in one of the above plus 1 year of experience in optical inspection or assembly, or
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years experience in optical inspection or assembly.
- Required experience is a minimum of one year as team leader or supervisor in a work environment.
- Handle and clean coated optics without damaging or contaminating optical surface.
- Basic math (addition/subtraction/division/multiplication/fractions/decimals/percentages)
- Understand and convert between English and metric units of measure.
- Use basic hand tools: wrenches, spanner wrenches, torque wrenches, screwdrivers.
- Use basic metrology instruments: calipers, micrometers, scales, dial indicators, gage blocks.
No relocation provided, local candidates only
High School/Secondary School
How to Apply: