Job #: 11607
Title: Sr Windows & Vmware Engineer Cloud Environment
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: $135,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: $135,000 - $150,000 base + strong annual bonuses and superior beneifts
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Client prefers local candidates-would consider candidates with some connection to Chicago,etc
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a highly successful financial-technology company with an outstanding reputation for innovation, has a new position for a Senior Windows/Vmware Engineer. This critical position is part of a newly expanded Windows/Vmware/Cloud global team. This position is located in the downtown Chicago area.
This position offers:
- Opportunity to contribute to expanding global Cloud environment
- Support full stack of Microsoft, Vmware and EMC solutions
- Work for a company that rewards hard work and invests in technology
- Non-cilod work responsibilities
Were seeking a skilled Sr Windows and VMware Engineer interested in an individual contributor role which will involve analysis and problem resolution of complex global systems.
This Senior Windows/Vmware Engineer will be part of a cohesive team with broad-based responsibilities for VMware, Windows Administration, Cloud computing and Network Engineering. He or she will be involved with designing, implementing, automating, troubleshooting and supporting issues related to VSphere, VMware Horizon View, Windows Active Directory services, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP / DNS and other technologies. Will participate in root cause analysis for all VMware and Windows problems and be responsible for deploying operating System and ESXi service packs, security patches and bug fixes on all physical and virtual boxes. QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent skills in analysis, trouble-shooting and probable resolution with well-rounded knowledge of required technologies.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 Desktop Operating Systems.
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware vSphere ESXi 6.x, Horizon View 7.x environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of Active Directory / DHCP / DNS / Group Policy in a distributed environment.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Sub netting, Routing and SMTP concepts.
- Design and implementation of Desktop / VDI Image & template management.
- Enterprise Knowledge of Windows Security Patch Management and application deployment process in physical and virtual environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of data center monitoring tools such as Dell Open mange server.
** Knowledge or experience with Cloud technology is not required
Academic and Personal Skills Required:
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective part of a global Windows team.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills and analysis skills
- Microsoft Certifications are highly desired strong plus.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in technical or related field
- Experience in a global financial organization is highly desired (ie: securities industry, banking, financial-technology, etc. )
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: