Job #: 11608
Title: Sr Help Desk Engineer
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: strong annual bonuses and superior beneifts
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a highly successful, technology-driven financial company, has a newly created position for a Senior Service Desk Specialist who will be an important addition to the corporate global Windows Infrastructure team. Operating out of the headquarters and primary data center, this person will support local and international locations, resolving a variety of complex technical issues.
Were seeking a Help Desk Engineer who has handled at least some 3rd level support, has strong experience with Windows 7 & 10, and has excellent trouble-shooting skills. This is an outstanding opportunity to work on a highly proficient team with top-notch Windows/VMware professionals. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Deploy wide variety of hardware including PCs, laptops, thin clients, monitors and other devices and peripherals
- Develop an End-User Computing (EUC) knowledge management database.
- Provide user support and configuration of Avaya phones and video conferencing & presentation applications such as WebEx, Skype, etc.
- Provide basic support on Apple / Android tablets and smart phones as it relates to business.
- Perform hardware & software inventory and produce management reports.
- Provide onsite and remote assistance to users via phone, email and remote-control software.
- Track System user account creation, changes and deletions and password resets for users.
- Effective utilization and maintenance of a ticketing system
- Provide mentoring as necessary to new hires by informing them of in-use technologies and team processes
- Research, learn and self-educate in a variety of new technical software and hardware solutions used by this highly technical organization.
- Minimum BS in a technical field such as Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Information Systems, etc.
- Desired: Work experience in a financial, investment or banking environment is highly desired.
- Experience and strong knowledge of Windows 7 & 10 operating systems; Windows Active Directory & Group Policy and the Microsoft Office application suite.
- Customer and service oriented attitude and pride in giving professional client-facing support.
- Excellent skills in identifying and diagnosing technical problems, escalating and routing issues, recommending and implementing solutions to correct repetitive common issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with full Infrastructure team and maintain strong working relationships with other IT groups to ensure fast, accurate problem resolution.
- Familiarity with native and third-party Windows Remote Control tools.
- Familiarity with command-line tools and batch processing.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on the phone and in person.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability and comfort in working independently and as part of the global Infrastructure team.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced, hectic environment.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: