Job #: 11723
Title: PRN Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Job Location: Columbus, Ohio - United States
Salary: $17.00 - $26.00 - US Dollars - Hourly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
PRN Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (2753) - ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE JOB DESCRIPTION
- Administers nursing care within scope of practice as set forth in Division (F) of Section 4723.01 of Ohio Revised Code under direction of registered nurse, licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, optometrist or chiropractor (e.g., administers oxygen; applies sterile dressing, inserts catheters; reinserts gastrotomy tubes, suctions, irrigates wounds;
- License to practice nursing as a licensed practical nurse issued by Ohio Board of Nursing pursuant to Section 4723 Ohio Revised Code & proof of completion of an approved course in medication administration. Note: Licensed Practical Nurses who administer dialysis treatment must possess Certification in IV Therapy pursuant to Section 4723.17 Ohio Revised Code.
- Knowledge of skilled licensed practical nursing procedures; pharmacology; client/patient care; first-aid; CPR; general hospital practices & procedures; agency, institutional, hospital or clinic practices & procedures*; HIPAA regulations & standards; human relations; inventory control; employee training & development*.
- Skill in use of medical equipment (e.g., respirator, dialysis machine, sterilizer, oxygen equipment, blood pressure cuff); hypodermics; operation of personal computer.
- Ability to understand practical field of study; deal with some abstract but mostly concrete variables; recognize unusual or threatening conditions & take appropriate emergency action; develop good rapport with patients &/or residents; understand manuals & verbal instructions associated with practical nursing; demonstrate dexterity to administer injections & perform medical treatments & strength to move, reposition or restrain patients.
How to Apply: