Job #: 11794
Title: DevOps with Python or Java
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong annual bonuses and superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a highly successful financial-technology company known for their technological innovations, has a new position on their DevOps team. This person must have good skills in Python or Java and will join a small team which automates and improves the eTrading and development platforms.
This position offers:
- Opportunity to work with & learn from top-notch software engineers who develop highly respected eTrading platform
- Strong annual bonuses and superior benefits
- Strong career growth
- Opportunity for a good programmer to transition into the world of DevOps
Were seeking someone with passion for excellence in software engineering and scientific method, and for making changes based on data rather than anecdote. This position will involve complex analysis of ways to improve internal methods and processes connected to software development and testing.
This DevOps programmer will support client`s development cycle cycle and software team by analyzing and improving tools for source control, continuous integration/delivery/deployment, automated testing, release management, configuration management. The successful candidate will be a good programmer, very detailed oriented and enjoy analysis and coding. This is a team environment but often demands the ability to work independently to research issues and develop solutions.
NOTE: Candidates on visas are welcome to apply but please mention the type of visa (H1b, OPT etc) in the comment section when you reply. QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters or Bachelor`s in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other technical field
- Hands-on experience in Python or Java
- Experience with the Linux/Unix operating system or development environment
- 2 5 years of experience with Java or with Python doing professional software development
- Experience with Linux/Unix scripting (perl, bsh or other shell scripting)
- Familiarity with the design, implementation and delivery of build/test/release infrastructure
- Admin experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or Travis CI
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems, especially Git
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Familiarity with static code analysis tools such as OWASP Dependency-Check
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: