Job #: 11974
Title: Data Scientist
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong annual bonuses and superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a mid-sized highly successful financial-technology company founded by one of the inventors of algorithmic trading and known for significant technological innovations. This outstanding company is adding a Data Scientist who will join their team of Data Scientists and AI experts.
This position offers the opportunity for
- Complex, real-world data analysis and big data analysis
- Personally generating actionable insights based on identifying useful trends in data.
- Work with and learn from highly skilled Data Scientists experience with financial-technology
- Fulfilling work rewarded by generous compensation and strong bonuses
Note: Job candidates on visas are welcome but please mention the type of visa (OPT, H1, other) in the comment section when you reply. Thank you. JOB DESCRIPTION
This Data Scientist will execute analytical tasks on large data sets to support decision makers and provide insight and reports about clients complex automated trading platforms and other software. He or she will use data to advance the understanding of how this companys global clients engage with the current software products and service offerings and what additional products might be developed to better serve their growing global client base.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collect and analyze various telemetry and behavioral data
- Clean and prepare data for Machine Learning and AI
- Assist in designing and running A/B tests
- Automate frequently used reporting and data analysis workflows
- Work closely with software engineers and architects to extract, transform and standardize data for optimal use for analytic tools
- PhD, Masters OR Bachelors in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or hard science fields
- Must have minimum of 2 years` corporate experience in a data science or data analysis role
- Hands-on experience with mining and analyzing data sets to extract meaningful trends
- Experience using statistical programming languages, machine learning and other toolkits and techniques for analyzing large, complex datasets
- Technical proficiency with transforming structured and unstructured data sets
- Ability to produce meaningful and actionable reports
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Expert problem-solving skills and creative thinking ability
- Ability and interest in working independently as necessary as well as part of a team
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: