Job #: 12041
Title: Senior Quantitative Risk Officer
Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama - United States
Salary: $95,000.00 - $185,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Traditional Bank
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Quantitative Risk Officer
- As a member of the client`s Quantitative Risk Management effort and youll be part of a very diverse team of talented professionals who interact with senior risk team personnel, corporate managers and other Bank disciplines.
- Must understand business operations and dynamics, and analyze, monitor, and manage related risks.
- Focus on the ongoing monitoring of model performance and development/automation of monitoring reports.
- The person is part of the model development team and must have a deep understanding of modeling. These models are in the areas of: Wholesale banking credit risk: CRE, C&I, Leasing, Specialty, etc. as well as Retail: Credit Cards, HELOC, Mortgage, Consumer, etc.
Duties of the Senior Quantitative Risk Officer role:
- Use the tools, processes and practices for forecasting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
- Ability to plan, implement and manage testing tactics, policies and practices that guarantee the distribution of high quality applications.
- Ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a corporation.
- Understanding of quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze risks.
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the key risks related with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in orientation with the bank`s and unit`s risk appetite and/or management agenda.
- Understanding of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Senior Quantitative Risk Officer Qualifications:
- The candidate must have an understanding of risk analysis
- Capacity to execute on competing priorities in an efficient and timely manner.
- MS degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Economics, Math, Engineering, Physics or additional quantitative field is preferred
- Minimum 8 or more years of experience in the above in the banking/finance industry
- Thorough understanding of at least one programming language
- SQL programming
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: