Job #: 12439
Title: Sr. Account Manager - Chemical Industry
Job Location: Kng of Prussa, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus, Benefits, etc
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
If you love to travel, see the world and make money while doing it, this role of Sr. Account Manager for a global chemicals company might be what you are looking for. You of course will need the skills and experience to be successful in this role.
You can work from their corporate office in Pennsylvania or you can work from your home office as long as it is near an international airport (preferably Houston, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia). You will be required to attend meetings at the corporate office as well as visting with client at their locations. This will require about 60% travel. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Sr Account Manager will be responsible for Fluorochemical refrigerant and blowing agent sales to all OEM Foam Accounts and small to mid-size OEM manufacturers in the USA. This position will report to the Fluorochemicals Sales Manager, Global Key Account Manager-OEM Foam/HVAC.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with national accounts (on a "high, wide and deep" basis) and prospects through: Customer visits/regular calls; Organiztion of customers` events; Participation in relevant trade / association meetings
- Manage relevant account from a global perspective through the Key Account Management Process when required
- Maintain an understanding of all the key contacts for each account. This includes Corprate Sourcing plus the Customer`s Business, Marketing, Production and Research Organizations. Reach "high, wide and deep" into the organization on all accounts
- Present account strategies and progress versus milestones to the sales manager and Fluorochemicals team on a routine basis
- Communicate and coordinate with the foam and HVAC market managers
- Implement price and volume strategy for assigned accounts
- Negotiate contracts along with the Sales Manager and align with strategy guidelines provided by Business Managers
- Ensure product delivery through coordination with Supply Chain, reconciliation of invoicing issues, and performa as a proactive manager of the collection process.
- Achieve sales targets as directed by the Annual Business Plan and the Sales Manager
- Ensure regular interactions and good relationship management through effective preparation and proper call planning
- Continually prospect for new sales with existing customers and potential new customers
- Implement pricing initiatives through existing channels and propsed new mechanisms for potential new scenarios
- Deliver the annual proposal for volume and pricing by account in line with the annual budgeting process
- Provide monthly updates to the quarterly and annual forecasts by product line
- Document and provide valuable competitive sales and marketing information to the entire Fluorochemicals team. This includes knowing the overall market size with an estimate of share by producer for like products as well as competitive alternative to Fluorochemicals materials.
- Utilize a travel and promotion budget in an effective manner while maintaining necessary leel of interaction by account
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following skills/experience:
- BS degree in business or science needed to understand the technical, financial and economic aspects of the job.
- 10+ years experience in sales and/or marketing; previous foam industry experience is a plus.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills and negotiating skills
- Able to interact with and influence internal employees and customers at all levels in their organiztion (up to C level)
- Develop and execute Key Account Plans: tactics, assignments, rationale, due dates, deliverables
- Demonstrated success in contract negotiation, closing sales, finding new sales and bringing ideas forward that may add value to the overall company
- Ability to understand customer needs and desires within the context of the Company`s account goals
- Ability to interact with all levels of customer personnel from the ground floor up to Business Leaders
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and a good understanding of SAP
- Self motivated and able to work effectively within a team environment
- Able to cope with a travel schedule that may require 60% of travel time
- Experience working large conventions/trade shows; i.e. not just setting up and being there but scheduling and conducting meetings with customers and potential customers, etc.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: