Job #: 12365
Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Job Location: Geneseo, New York - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Direct Hire - Full-Time OR Part-Time - Speech Language Pathologist
Summary: Provides physician ordered speech/language therapy services, which include assessment, planning, developing and implementing an individualized patient therapy plan. Coordinates speech/language therapy with the interdisciplinary team care plan. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide physician ordered speech therapy services.
- Assures orders are renewed, per schedule, or as patient`s response to current orders change.
- Is responsible for completing, in a timely manner, all documentation including initial assessment, visit notes, renewal orders, verbal orders, and discharge summaries.
- Identify patient short/long term goals in terms of functional outcomes. Reflect progress or lack of goal achievement in all charting. Confer with physician and/or disciplinary team regarding patient response to therapy.
- Provide restorative therapy for patients with communication and/or swallowing disorders; including, but not limited to dysarthria, voice problems/disorders, laryngectomy, aphasia and dysphasia.
- Develop alternative communication devices as appropriate.
- Provide instruction in compensatory techniques regarding swallowing disorders as appropriate.
- Ability to teach family and caregivers treatment modalities as well as clearly communicate interdisciplinary team`s philosophy, goals, and outcomes.
- Attend scheduled interdisciplinary staff meetings and actively participate in treatment planning.
- Participate in committees and program development, as indicated.
- Maintain current knowledge by attending related conferences and seminars.
- Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the company`s mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- An MS or MA in Speech/Language Pathologist/Communication Disorders from an approved graduate program. NYS Licensure in Speech/Language Pathology.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an acute cares facility and/or an acute/outpatient rehabilitation facility.
- New Pathologists or new to homecare will be placed in the lower level of this job. Level two is meant for those with considerable homecare experience and demonstrated higher level of competence.
- Ability to travel as necessary in order to offer support for on-site visits to groups/brokers, training, and/or off-site meetings.
- Possession of a valid NYS motor vehicle operator`s license.
- Pre-employment physical examination and an annual health assessment as required by New York State Health Department.
How to Apply: