Job #: 12306
Title: Data Scientist
Job Location: New York City, New York - United States
Salary: $125,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong Annula Bonuses and Superior Benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a highly successful financial-technology company with an outstanding reputation for innovative software products which support global eTrading. Theyre now seeking a smart, hands-on data scientist who will join a newly established team dedicated to analyzing patterns in complex data sets and identifying trends which define future product usage and requirements.
Our client offers exceptional compensation potential, challenging work, superior benefits. This is a key position where ones work will be recognized and rewarded. JOB DESCRIPTION
Will take ownership of data research projects or parts of major complex projects and coordinate or oversee to successful completion and then develop meaningful recommendations for senior management to support the expansion of software products for this innovative and award-winning fin-tech company. The right candidate will have strong skills in data mining, skills in machine learning and/or statistical languages such as SAS, R, Python, and a strong understand data sourcing.
- Analyze trends and patterns in data sets that can be leveraged towards software product development
- Interact with Data Scientists on small dedicated team and work independently on major projects.
- Design and improve data collection and database designs to optimize efficiency and improve the data quality
- Capture data from multiple sources that can be used to enhance and improve analysis
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other hard science fields
- Solid professional experience (4-6 years) in a Data Science role
- Strong skills with statistical languages such as Python or SAS or R
- Experience with data mining, optimizing data collection, database design, data mining and data modeling/analysis
- Familiarity with toolkits for analyzing large, complex datasets
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to extract meaningful trends from complex sources
- Expert problem-solving skills and creative thinking ability
- Comfort and ability to present key findings to senior managers
- Strong communication skills are essential
Our client offers exceptional compensation potential, challenging work, superior benefits. This is a key position where ones work will be recognized and rewarded.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: