Job #: 12481
Title: RN - Cardiac Rehab Unit
Job Location: Syracuse, New York - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Cardiac Rehab RN
Direct Hire - Full-Time
Seeking RN`s to staff a brand new 150 Bed Telemetry Cardiac Rehab Unit.
- Part time and Full time Nurses needed.
- 3 days on, 4 days off. 7A-7P or 7P-7A shifts available.
- Rotating weekends.
- The unit will be broken down into 3 teams consisting of the staff listed below. Schedule will be managed by RN Director.
- 20% Replacement factor
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides monitoring and communication functions by utilizing technology to assist with the assessment and evaluation of the residents in their care in a post-acute environment.
Utilizes telemetry monitoring, vital sign monitoring, non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring and as indicated, diagnostic tests such as laboratory and electrocardiogram (EKG).
Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team members to assist residents in reaching their goals, and uses best practice nursing standards in all aspects of care planning, monitoring and delivery.
- Follows best practice nursing process principles: collects data, assesses data collected, formulates interventions based on analysis of data collected (assessment), monitors interventions for effectiveness, communicates results to appropriate team member (physician, peer or interdisciplinary team member), documents and revises the interventions as required based on evaluation.
- Reviews and evaluates patient care and documentation for appropriateness and quality.
- Supervises, monitors, and assigns staff to ensure resident needs are met timely.
- Responds promptly to emergency calls or Code Zero for assistance.
- Understands applicable DOH/Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) rules and regulations and incorporates requirements into practice as a matter of routine.
- Understands the needs of the resident`s family / significant other, and importance of their support role in that resident`s care and goal reaching.
- Understand the role of the RN within the Interdisciplinary Team and works collaboratively with all team members to assist residents with reaching goals in a safe manner.
- Integrates technological data obtained through monitoring devices (electronic and software) with established nursing assessment standards and communicates to the appropriate care level provider to effect timely interventions and documents.
- Demonstrates safe practice with medication and treatment administration. Identifies and promptly reports any observation of adverse reaction or intolerance.
- Understands required diagnostic monitoring requirements associated with medications / treatments and facilitates physician understanding and follow through.
- Responsible and accountable for own practice.
- Respects residents` rights and dignity.
- Reports any suspected resident abuse as required by government regulations and the nursing home policies.
- Serves as a positive ambassador to nursing home facility, residents, staff, visitors, and the community.
- Ensures the highest quality of care by performing responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
- GPNs - willing to train
- Experience in Cardiac Care, ICU, Critical Care, Med surge etc
- Fast-paced environment
- Supervision of CNA staff
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Complex level of care
- Technologically savvy
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: