Job #: 12483
Title: Nurse Manager - Long Term Care
Job Location: Penn Yan, New York - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Nurse Manager - Long Term Care
Direct Hire - Full-Time
Penn Yan, NY
The facility is a 150-bed skilled nursing facility with a reputation for outstanding medical, nursing and rehabilitative care. It is affiliated with a multi-institutional health system that provides a full range of acute and long term care health services to residents of the Finger Lakes region in Upstate New York.
DEPT(S). RESPONSIBLE FOR: Nursing 45 beds cognitively impaired Unit
Direct Reports include: RN, LPN, CAN, Unit Clerk
DEPT(S). HRS. OF OPERATION: 24/7
WORK SCHEDULE: Primarily days with a weekend rotation every 4-6th weekend. Must be available to fill in on off shifts as needed.
The Nurse Manager generally work at least 1 in 3 or 4 weekends as the house supervisor. They also pick up extra on off shifts as needed. It is a hands-on not just administrative Nurse Manager. Sometimes they have to fill in for the nurse on the floor and pass meds. It varies.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Relocation assistance will be offered as appropriate.
- The salary range for this position is between $58,000-87,000, based on years of related experience and consideration of current nurse manager salaries within organization.
- The target hiring range is $72-75,000.
- The successful candidate will be a service driven long term care professional that has the ability to lead overall operations on the Nursing Home Unit.
- He/she will direct the day-to-day functions of the Unit following the current federal and state regulations, as well as, the facility`s policies and procedures.
- The Nurse Manager has responsibility for ensuring that the residents are provided with high quality care and a safe environment.
- This is a hands-on, clinical position, not an administrative office position.
- The candidate must have strong leadership skills, a proven track record of success, and an extensive working knowledge of general operations, human resources, budget, reimbursement, NYS DOH compliance, quality and safety.
- The Nurse Manager will report to the Director Nursing of Long Term Care.
- Minimum: Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nurse Program
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or related field or Masters In Nursing or related field
- Licensure: Current New York State Registered Professional Nursing License required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: