Job #: 12862
Title: Environmental Engineer - Multi Site (IA)
Job Location: Ames, Iowa - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus eligible based on performance
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is currently looking for an Environmental Engineer for their chemical process business, which includes 8 operating sites. This role can be located one of their production facilities in the Waterloo IA, or West Des Moines Iowa or the Lincoln Nebraska area . In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for understanding evolving regulatory requirements and developing innovative solutions with our operations teams to ensure efficient compliance with Federal, State, and Local air compliance regulations, as well as the preparation and submitting air permits. As part of this team of subject matter experts, this role will provide additional technical support to the site EHS professionals and will have opportunities to continue professional growth and development with this large and diverse company. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Understanding environmental compliance requirements and their applicability to the business, as well as a personal knowledge of each sites compliance status and key risks.
- Completing / maintaining accurate regulatory reports and permits.
- Working as part of a team and developing employee relationships to advance Environmental knowledge and risk mitigation through coaching, mentoring, training, and employee engagement.
- Leading the EHS vision by developing and executing aligned strategies in the air programs that advance and drive the vision.
- Driving value creation through EH&S excellence by developing and implementing risk and compliance management systems.
- At least 2+ years experience in Environmental, including experience in reporting and permitting.
- Bachelors degree in Environmental, Health and Safety, or related Engineering field (e.g., chemical, mechanical, or civil engineering).
- Experience leading initiatives, working through a team and driving results
- Environmental air permitting and reporting experience desired
- Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of collaboration and customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, mostly regional travel with one location in the southeast.
- Current and valid drivers license
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: