Job #: 13902
Title: Chief Banking Officer
Job Location: Tampa, Florida - United States
Salary: $135,000.00 - $225,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Chief Banking Officer - Job Description:
As an integral member of the Executive Management Team of the Client Bank, the Chief Lending Officer will lead the Credit Administration, Commercial Underwriting, Loan Servicing and Special Assets departments to provide extraordinary customer service to our external auditors and internal team members, responding to credit related issues in a professional and timely manner, and setting an example to elevate the banks corporate culture of the clients Statement of Values and dedication to quality and service. This position will have direct responsibility to lead teams in the accomplishment of the Department Business Plan goals and objectives that will provide for a high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, ethical standards, and goal attainment. JOB DESCRIPTION
Chief Banking Officer
Either directly or through subordinate supervision, is responsible for technical and operational activities of Loan Production, Lending Leadership, Credit Administration, Commercial Underwriting, Loan Servicing and Special Assets on a day-to-day basis, as well as formulation of strategies and business plans to achieve the Companys long-range objectives. The Chief Lending Officer is responsible for the overall credit quality of the Banks lending portfolio, including the development of loan policy and procedures ensuring lending policies are in accordance with federal laws, approving credit within designated limits and ensuring compliance to all appropriate laws and regulations. This officer manages formation and execution of credit policy; implements and reviews risk management processes; oversees reporting to regulatory authorities and the Board, directs preparation and evaluation of credit related policy and procedure statements to ensure regulatory and policy compliance. Represents the Bank within the community as a member of the Executive Team. This position performs all essential duties in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the President/CEO to develop and accomplish goals and strategic plans established by the Board of Directors and company executives.
- Management responsibility for the strategic planning process and oversight of the reporting function to the Board of the implementations of the plan by the business unit.
- Provides clear directions and oversight on strategic goals and their accomplishments, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures for responsible business units.
- Ensure strategic objectives are translated into a tactical business plan with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress to completion.
- Contributes to the development of business unit strategy by providing a view on potential improvement for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Develops and implements plans for the operational infrastructure of Credit systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the Bank.
- Ensures that Credit projects are delivered in line with directions from Management.
- Formulates, reviews, and updates loan policy and presents changes to Directors Loan Committee for approval
- Approves loans within established limits in the area of commercial lending and Small Business Administration loans, and makes recommendations to Directors Loan Committee for loans that exceed those limits
- Advises Relationship Managers, Commercial Underwriters, Loan Servicing and Special Assets staff regarding structure, documentation, compliance, and loan workouts.
- Serves as primary contact for the credit function on regulatory exams and credit review
- Provides credit training directly or through other resources
- Recommends and monitors loan concentration limits
- Develops/enhances loan products and underwriting
- In concert with the Finance Department, analyzes and determines the allowance for loan and lease loss (ALLL) and makes recommendations for Loan Loss Reserves to the ALLL Committee
- Develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with direct reports and inter-departmental staff
- Serves as a member of the Executive Management Team.
- Completes all required regulatory training as assigned within deadlines established including BSA, Bank Security and any other training as assigned, within required timeframes and on an annual basis.
- Additional assignments as designated by the CEO and President.
- Client Bank is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- College degree with a major in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 8+ years of direct credit and supervisory experience in commercial lending, real estate/construction lending, SBA and Agriculture lending, as well as loan documentation requirements, loan underwriting guidelines, loan negotiations and regulatory issues relating to the above
- 6+ or more years recent Chief Lending Officer experience
- Thorough knowledge of banking and lending strategies
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of terms and conditions of lending laws
- Ability to strategize and plan lending programs for the bank
- Excellent leadership skills and capability to mentor and motivate subordinate staff to meet/or exceed expectations.
- Experience with complex credit analysis and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and professionalism to represent the Bank to customers and to the general public
- Ability to protect and maintain high level confidential information
- Professional in appearance and in verbal communication
- Requires attention to detail and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Ability to comprehend and apply Bank policies and procedures in the work environment
- Proficient with: MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: