Job #: 13860
Title: Senior Instrument & Controls Safety Engineer (KS)
Job Location: Wichita, Kansas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is looking for a Sr. Functional Safety Engineer to join their Operations Excellence team. There are multiple Midwest locations where this professional can be based. The successful candidate will support the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the companys fleet of fertilizer plants and terminals in all aspects of functional safety. The key focus for the organization is to develop and sustain capability in the fleet, requiring close collaboration with plant staff as well as other support team members. Priorities for this role include ensuring the expected risk reduction is achieved in an economical, technically sound manner, and ensuring that protections work as expected. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Perform functional safety engineering analyses to ensure that required risk reduction is achieved consistent with corporate policies and that analyses are appropriately reviewed and documented
- Define and lead implementation of initiatives to ensure the performance SIFs (failures, impairments, etc.) tracking, mitigation, correction.
- Support plant reliability and functional safety staff to ensure that maintenance requirements are understood and implemented.
- Consult with or support plant staff with SIF design, project engineering, and device selection
- Lead development of engineering practices, standards, guides, and procedures for functional safety
- Help develop the capability of fleet staff through training, mentoring, and facilitating knowledge sharing
- Participate on PHA and/or LOPA teams
- 15+ years of instrumentation and control engineering experience or similar experience
- 5+ years performing functional safety engineering, including SIF design and verification.
- 5+ years performing functional safety, I&C engineering, or similar work at or directly supporting operation of a petrochemical or similar process facility
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or related engineering field
- Deep familiarity and experience with ISA/IEC standards pertaining to functional safety, and knowledge of other related industry standards (OSHA, NFPA, etc.)
- Experience providing technical leadership through collaboration, consultation, and mentoring
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience in the fertilizer industry and/or experience with process controls equipment for NH3, Urea, UAN and Nitric Acid service
- I&C maintenance/MI experience
- Management of programs from a corporate level
- 2+ years of experience using functional safety engineering tools by Exida
- Process Safety Management experience
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: