Job #: 13937
Title: Sr Cloud Architect
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $165,000.00 - $185,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Excellent annual bonuses and benefits (paid medical, investment programes, 401k & more)
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a highly successful financial-technology company with an outstanding reputation for innovation, has a new position for a Senior Windows-Cloud Architect.
This is a high-profile position with significant design, architecture and leadership responsibilities. Were seeking a highly skilled person who can play a key role in the expansion and enhancement of this companys global Windows Services. As the primary Design/Architect in the Global Windows Services team, he or she will be responsible for planning, designing, automating and implementing the full stack of Microsoft, VMware and EMC solutions for multiple global data centers. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for architecture design and development of highly resilient, dependable technology platforms including compute, network, communications, storage, integration, and security.
- Interactive with all stakeholders to establish business requirements, assess technical capabilities and analyze findings to translate into technology solutions.
- Developer and present logical and physical designs for all Microsoft, Vmware and Cloud based solutions
- Provide architectural guidance and leadership on best practices regarding infrastructure.
- Recommend appropriate tools, technology and methodologies for solving complex problems at all levels.
- Build specifications to support integration with current premise infrastructure and cloud providers
- Prepared to be personally involved as the go-to technical person on more complex projects
- Masters or BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field.
- Knowledge and ability to bring technical leadershp to an engineering team which is establishing cloud services for this established global financial company
- Strong foundation (10+ years) in infrastructure design/support plus current hands-on design experience for Windows, Vmware and Cloud based systems in global environments.
- Expert knowledge of Cloud services such as Azure, AWS, Google (IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS).
- Expert-level knowledge of enterprise data backup, recovery and replication using various enterprise solutions (Symantec, EMC, etc.).
- Enterprise knowledge of Load Balancers, Security Certificates and Reverse proxies.
- Expert knowledge of VMware VSphere & Horizon View in high-availability (HA) environments.
- Expert knowledge of Dell PowerEdge, VxRail - Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) and HP ProLiant server hardware portfolio and enterprise solutions.
- Expert-level experience with Active Directory services (ADFS, SAML, Single Sign-On (SSO), Two-Factor authentication and other related Identify and Access Management (IAM) technologies.
- Experience with NAS / SAN storage arrays such EMC, NetApp, Nimble, Pure, VSAN, etc.
- Good knowledge of networking, LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, routing, switching and firewalls.
- Expert experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft SQL & Windows clustering technologies, Active Directory, Group Policy and DFS file systems.
- Enterprise knowledge of MDM solutions (Airwatch, Good, Mobile Iron, etc.)
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows System Center Operation Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM), and other monitoring tuning tools.
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), NSX, vRealize Operation manager and configuration and update manager.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced global environment.
- Must have a proactive work style with ability to take initiative and work effectively with all levels of technical staff and senior management.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to entire team as necessary and to effectively communicate strategical and technical recommendations.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: