Job #: 13997
Title: Rotating Equipment Engineer (IA)
Job Location: Sergeant Blf, Iowa - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Rotating Equipment Engineer provides engineering/technical expertise in order to maintain continuous plant operations and high efficiency. This position serves as the technical authority for rotating equipment, covering daily plant needs as well as program & project responsibilities. The Rotating Equipment Engineer is responsible for tracking and reporting of machinery reliability statistics, and implementing solutions to continuously improve reliability and reduce maintenance cost. This position supports plant safety and mechanical integrity through development of procedures and predictive/preventative maintenance plans. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Serves as site subject matter expert for rotating equipment.
- Leads efforts to ensure site machinery practices & documentation are in compliance with PSM Mechanical Integrity standard.
- Upgrade professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publication; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Supervises reliability technicians responsible for equipment condition monitoring onsite, including vibration analysis, oil sampling and analysis, thermography, and ultrasonic inspection techniques.
- Supports reliability technicians with analysis of data gathered during condition monitoring rounds, and issues recommendations based on this information.
- Works with site maintenance team to ensure machinery repairs are performed according to specifications and properly documented.
- Develops & updates maintenance procedures for critical tasks related to rotating equipment.
- Coordinate site Rotating Equipment Safety and Reliability Audits. Ensure adherence to environmental regulations.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts related to rotating equipment issues onsite.
- Conducts failure analyses & reports on findings to avoid recurrence.
- Tracks and reports MTBR for site rotating equipment and develops plans to increase MTBR and reduce maintenance cost.
- Provides technical support for emergency machinery work off-hours as needed.
- Serves as site representative on corporate best practice team for rotating equipment.
- Manages projects for upgrade or replacement of site machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Assists in the specification and review of new rotating equipment prior to purchase and recommends proper selections including spare parts lists.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years of rotating equipment engineering experience in a chemical plant or refinery.
- Understanding of plant process and equipment used in the manufacture of anhydrous ammonia and urea fertilizers is preferred.
- Specific knowledge of rotating and reciprocating machinery best practices, failure analysis and troubleshooting, vibration analyses, oil sampling, ultrasonic examination techniques, precision alignment, dynamic balancing, baseplate grouting procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in basic computer software such as Microsoft Outlook; Avantis or other CMMS.
- Knowledge of industrial codes & standards (API, ASME, ANSI, OSHA, State).
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: