Job #: 13998
Title: Engineering Manager (IA)
Job Location: Sergeant Bluff, Iowa - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Engineering Manager provides administration and coordination of all project, process, and plant engineering activities within the complex to ensure safe and reliable operations of equipment within the fiscal budgets. The manager has oversight of the team that assures compliance with applicable codes and standards, including sustaining a world class mechanical integrity program covering and overseeing repairs to fixed assets at the complex. The successful candidate will possess excellent leadership and communication skills and foster healthy and collaborative relationships with other the Managers of other departments. Additionally, this position will network with other Engineering Managers throughout the company to share best practices and assure reliable and technically competent execution of project, process, and plant engineering work across the complex. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Ensure awareness of and compliance with corporate and facility EHS policies and standards throughout their department. Additionally, promote timely follow-up to action items from both internal and external investigations and audits.
- Actively support and participate in established corporate and facility-based Environment, Health, and Safety initiatives, and assist in the proposal and development of new initiatives as required.
- Support and enhance facility incident reduction initiatives through personal engagement and promoting individual accountability for safety performance within the Engineering Department and across the broader organization.
- Provide direction and coordination of engineering staff resources to ensure the fulfillment of departmental goals, including definition of major areas of responsibility, training and development requirements, performance management, and corporate reporting requirements.
- Maintain a high ethical and professional standard to ensure a competent staff of technical and administrative personnel capable of achieving present and future objectives.
- Facilitate developmental opportunities for department employees and assist in the process of identifying and developing high potential individuals across the site.
- Actively mentor and provide guidance to appropriate personnel to assist in development of future supervisory and management candidates for operations, maintenance and engineering departments.
- Assist in the manpower planning process and the recruitment of required manpower resources for the Engineering Department and key roles that interface with the Engineering Department on a regular basis.
- Prepare and administer annual department operating budget and actively participate in the facility budgeting process.
- Manage the site capital budget process, including leading process for budget item identification and prioritization, project justification, project scope development and submission for approval, and regular reporting of capital projects.
- Serve as a potential delegate for General Manager in his/her absence.
- Have knowledge of and ensure compliance with all relevant codes and standards applicable to the facility (API, ASME, PSM) and assure the facility is in compliance with Mechanical Integrity requirements for the facility.
- BS degree (Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering).
- Preferred 10 years minimum progressive experience in a PSM standard covered plant. Preference will be given to fertilizer manufacturing, petrochemical or refining experience.
- Proven technical and supervisory skills in a plant environment, including mentoring, coaching and leadership.
- Strong background in project management and implementation.
- Ability to travel internationally. Job requires roughly 10% travel (primarily within North America).
- Must be willing to relocate to other company locations.
- Must successfully obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential card (TWIC)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: