Job #: 14129
Title: Corporate IT System Administrator
Job Location: Fairfax, Virginia - United States
Salary: $125,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Plus Plus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Two (2) years or more experience with Linux/UNIX (Red Hat/CentOS preferred) and Windows Systems Administration JOB DESCRIPTION
One (1) years or more of experience in virtualization technologies (VMware)
You must have an active TS/SCI with a CI POLY CLEARANCE
The System Administrator will support corporate internal IT systems.
While working in a team of system and network administrators, the position will be the primary administrator for corporate IT activities and assist with contract IT programs as needed.
The administrator will provide support for servers and workstations at all corporate locations (Virginia, Ohio, and Denver) as well as deployed systems around the world.
- Builds and Maintains servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of system links
- Monitors systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, establishes back-ups
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems; may perform configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Installs, configures and tests software package
- Designing and implementing virtualization solutions
- Support to Application/Database application migration activities
- Design/Configuration of Storage Technologies
- Development of scripts for automation of build-out and configuration of virtualized systems
- Monitoring for firmware updates, IAVA patches, configuration best practices
- Work with project teams, delivery partners to configure, design, develop, and deploy virtualization solutions in support of enterprise systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor`s degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience. COMPTIA Security+ certification.
- Two (2) years or more experience with Linux/UNIX (Red Hat/CentOS preferred) and Windows Systems Administration
- One (1) years or more of experience in virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Shell Scripting (*NIX)
- Security hardening
- Three (3) years or more experience working in data center environments with related equipment (servers, PDU`s, Racks, cabling, etc.)
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph
Desired qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with SSL certificates and certificate authorities
- Experience with DCID 6/3 and/or ICD 503 Security Practices
- Git/Subversion familiarity
- JIRA (or equivalent task management) familiarity
- Networking (Routing/Subnetting/Layer) familiarity
- Storage (RAIDing/NAS/SAN) concept familiarity
TS/SCI CI POLYGRAPH
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: