Job #: 14271
Title: ISSO - Sr Information Systems Security Officer
Job Location: Albany, New York - United States
Salary: $140,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a high-profile US healthcare consulting organization, is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) who will direct all security efforts for a major New York State healthcare client. He or she will oversee a team of security specialists and will have primary responsibility to ensure integrity of system and infrastructure vulnerability, risk assessment, audit support and evidence collection, privacy and security awareness, security incidents, business continuity and disaster recovery, audits, assessments, physical security, securing various layers of technology from application to network level, and log analysis.
This is a new position with substantial responsibility and recognition. Client offers professional and congenial environment with a well-established security team in place. We`re seeing a candidate with strong communication skills and excellent presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with senior level executives. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Over-see and direct team plus all aspects of systems security for major healthcare organization.
- Development, review, approval and implementation of policies to ensure that security requirements are enforced in accordance with clients requirements.
- Serves as the main point of contact with major New York State client regarding all development of security policy and procedures;
- Directs and oversees execution of vulnerability scanning requirements, along with a defined patch and vulnerability management life cycle.
- Ensure that vulnerabilities are mitigated in accordance with Implementation Standards.
- Ensure compliance with any and all regulatory organizations such as the IRS 1075 Tax Information Security Guidelines and the HIPAA/Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), and CMS MARS-E 2.0 requirements
- Oversee and direct the completion of required reporting by the Security Team
- Meet with and maintain positive working relationships with all levels within consulting organization and the end client.
- Direct, hands on professional experience in the development and implementation of security policies in a large-scale IT organization.
- Strong knowledge of system and infrastructure vulnerability, risk assessment, security audits, security incidents and resolutions, disaster recovery.
- Experience in implementing HIPAA and HITECH required
- Knowledge of IRS Publication 1075 Tax Information Security Guidelines for Federal State & Local Agencies is preferred
- Must have knowledge of CMS* Minimal Acceptable Risk Standards for Exchanges (MARS-E 2.0) (*CMS is the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent personal presentation skills and ability to address senior level executives as necessary
- Bachelors in a related technical and/or healthcare field plus 15+ years related experience. Or, Masters degree and 12+ years of related experience.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: