Job #: 14286
Title: Tax Manager
Job Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey - United States
Salary: $125,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus eligible
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Henderson Harbor Group is a premier executive search and consulting firm with specialized expertise in Finance, Accounting and Tax placement. The search division recruits highly skilled professionals on a direct hire basis. We primarily service our clients in the NY an NJ area as well nationally through our AAFA network (45 financial staffing affiliates throughout the U.S. and Canada).
Our client is the leading and most integrated provider of medical supplies/consumer product industry. They are seeking a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis to join their team. In this role, you will be analyzing financial statements and provide narrative describing variances from budget and forecast. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Tax Technology Manager will be responsible for identifying and implementing Best in Class tax technology to help drive operational efficiencies in our Global Tax Processes. This role will focus on developing Robotic Process Automation and Artificial Intelligence capabilities to help the Tax Organization streamline tax processes, reduce tax job demands and manage increasing legal reporting and tax compliance requirements.
The Global Tax Technology Team partners with Tax Operations and Tax Planning as well as IT and external vendors to identify technology solutions that enable efficient, accurate, and sustainable tax reporting, compliance and planning activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Global Tax Team, Finance and IT groups to identify key areas for innovation and automation within the tax function
- Evaluate appropriate technology applications and / or hosting solutions in collaboration with IT and external vendors and influence selection around appropriate technology
- Develop and present recommendations related to RPA, AI and other technology related process improvement capabilities to tax leadership team to help drive adoption
- Lead implementation and/or support operational teams in development of scripts, testing, deployment, maintenance and governance of RPA.
- Monitor progress and deliverables for related Tax Technology Projects and ensure continued governance of applications post go-live
- Prepare and maintain annual project expense and capital budgets for tax capital appropriation requests and work with IT to reconcile the Statements of Work back to the billed project charges
- Lead and influence continuous improvement of existing tax processes leveraging technology
- Manage internal and external Tax Technology Resources
- Manage special projects and serve as back up for other tax software platforms managed within the Tax Technology Portfolio, as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required with a preference in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology and or related discipline.
- An MBA, CPA, or CMA is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in finance or tax related experience is required.
- Experience with multinational corporations is preferred.
- Financial Reporting and consolidation is preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device or consumer products industries or public accounting is preferred.
- Strong Project Management Skills or experience leading implementations is preferred.
- Experience collaborating with IT on large scale projects through the entire software development lifecycle is preferred.
- Experience with process automation modeling/scripting tools (RPA) such as Blueprism, Automation Anywhere is preferred.
- Experience with Financial Reporting systems such as SAP, JDE, HFM, and Cognos is preferred.
- Experience with Tax Software Applications such as OneSource, Vertex and Corptax is preferred.
- Knowledge of Database systems, SQL and Data Lake technology is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated Learning Agility is required.
- This positon can be based in New Brunswick, NJ, Horsham, PA or Titusville, NJ and will require frequent travel between the NJ J&J office sites depending on project needs
- Approximately 10% travel is required (domestic and international).
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: