Job #: 14245
Title: Occupational Therapist
Job Location: Ticonderoga, New York - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Direct Hire - Full-time
Overview JOB DESCRIPTION
Occupational therapy staff members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. State specific Occupational Therapy license required.
- Initiates skilled occupational therapy treatments in accordance with physician`s orders; maintains required contact with physician.
- Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, MDS records and discharge summaries for residents in occupational therapy program.
- Confers with other health care staff regarding special needs of residents to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of function.
- Provides input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and attends during absences of the Director of Occupational Therapy.
- Maintains statistical records of residents` treatments.
- Assists with in-service training programs upon request.
- Records and updates resident`s care plan.
- Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy required.
- State license to practice occupational therapy required.
- Two years` experience in occupational therapy preferred.
- Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.
- Ability to direct others necessary.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
- Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with residents, families, and other staff members required.
- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
- Ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents, as well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner necessary.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: