Job #: 13861
Title: Director Quality - RN
Job Location: Melrose Park, Illinois - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
If you are passionate about promoting quality programs to improve patient care, this will be an exciting opportunity!
We are seeking a Director of Quality Operations for our leading health care client in the Chicago market.
This opportunity is to support the overall strategic plans for the hospital. The focus is to work in collaboration with leadership to implement all programs related to the Hospitals quality improvement, patient safety, infection control, risk management, and accreditation/regulatory requirements. JOB DESCRIPTION
The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and implementing all aspects of the continuous quality and patient safety programs at the above listed hospital and ambulatory care settings that align with the regional direction for quality and patient safety. Responsible for an integrated approach to quality and patient safety within and across this hospital and its affiliated entities.
Responsible for leading and facilitating activities in clinical excellence and patient safety; process improvement and outcomes management; and regulatory readiness and 4) post-acute care coordination.
Will serve as a resource within the hospital related to clinical quality, patient safety, regulatory and quality improvement issues, and ensures alignment among the Directors of Risk, Infection Prevention/Control and Accreditation/Regulation to achieve best practice within the organization in all domains.
Oversees data and reports created within the Midas system.
Will be fully responsible for oversight of data abstraction, report generation, data analysis and suggested methods for performance improvement. Incorporates PDSA and Lean methodologies in performance improvement.
The incumbent will act as a change agent to instill a continuous readiness mindset, focused on improving patient safety and clinical outcomes throughout all levels of the organization. The focus will be to encourages transparency, event reporting and rapid response to mitigate immediate risk for patients.
Will assist in managing the Dashboard metrics, lead performance improvement activities, organizes and implements projects and special studies, as required, to improve performance and to ensure the quality and safety of patient populations served.
Will develop and manage the annual department operating and capital budgets. Drive compliance with all regulatory agencies. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in a healthcare related field required. Masters degree preferred.
- MUST HAVE an Illinois RN license
- Minimum five years combined experience in clinical practice, management or administration in a healthcare setting. Recent quality management experience in an acute care/continuum setting preferred. Two to three years experience in collaborating with healthcare teams on performance improvement activities.
- Prefer Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or other certification in healthcare quality.
- Project management experience highly desirable.
- Current knowledge of accreditation and regulatory requirements (e.g., The Joint Commission and Medicare Conditions of Participation) in developing appropriate action plans, educational opportunities, etc. to ensure continual compliance with standards.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: