Job #: 14425
Title: Corporate Accounting Manager
Job Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Bonus, Vacation, Ful Benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Primary Objective of Position:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Corporate Accounting Manager is a key leader responsible for managing the period-end financial closings and consolidations. Partner with other business and functional areas partners to ensure combined operating results are appropriately accounted for in accordance with companies financial policies and US GAAP. JOB DESCRIPTION
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the monthly financial close process to ensure timely and accurate submission of consolidated financial statements.
- Responsible for the review of the completeness and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Build a collaborative team of accounting professionals and oversee their day-to-day activities.
- Lead cross functional accounting projects; define implement and maintain processes and procedures to strengthen and improve the monthly accounting process.
- Develop team/culture which understands the accounting systems and leverage this understanding to strengthen and improve financial processes.
- Responsible for general ledger account set up in financial software and master data.
- Assist in budget preparation, monthly financial variance analysis and ad hoc reporting.
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvements, internal controls and automation in the month-end close process and successfully implement these improvements.
- Support the External Reporting Manager in development of external reporting.
- Updates accounting financial control policies annually.
- Support internal and external auditors with control testing and other documentation requests.
- Key business partner in system upgrades or enhancements.
- Maintain and oversee allocations update in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Maintain objective evidence for Sarbanes Oxley 404 compliance and assist on developing corrective actions, if required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Self-motivated and driven strives to deliver great results and drive continuous improvement, gets things done
- Strong time-management, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels and functions
- Ability to connect with people fosters strong partnerships, interacts well with employees at all levels
- Ability to think critically recognizes connections, translates goals into action, uses strong judgment to make choices in alignment with strategy and company culture/values
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; thrives in a changing and/or fast paced environment
- Demonstrates curiosity and courage has an interest in learning and understanding whys, asks questions, shares his/her point of view
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel, are required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of experience with a strong understanding of GAAP
How to Apply: