Job #: 14109
Title: Environmental Health & Safety Manager (MO)
Job Location: Excelsior Springs, Missouri - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 15% bonus potential, will relo based on candidate
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
NEW EHS Manager opportunity for this growing food company. This role will manage all EHS programs for this 200 employee, highly automated production and packaging plant. Are you looking for an EHS leader role where you can make an impact and be an agent for change by partnering with corporate on their path to world class EHS compliance performance? If so, let`s talk! JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for all aspects of EHS, including OSHA, and environmental record keeping safety audits. And accident investigations and identifying workplace hazards.
- Develop, evaluate and maintain department budget for safety area
- Ensure the facility complies with OSHA and environmental laws and regulations
- Develop, deliver and track participation in health and safety related training and OSHA related certifications
- Lead plant ERT and Safety teams
- Promote, support and develop local safety programs, such as BEAST and Near Misses, as needed
- Provide ongoing support to department managers for safety meetings and department work modification
- Reviews injury report to ensure all incidents are properly reported and appropriate action has been taken to prevent recurrence.
- Prepare and submit environmental compliance reports to regulatory agencies.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs
Skills, Experience and Education:
- 5+ years in manufacturing environment with experience implementing and managing safety initiatives required
- Bachelor`s degree required, EHS or Safety Management preferred
- Experience as a change agent, influencing for results
- Strong working knowledge of EHS regulations and requirements including ergonomics, loto, machine guarding, confined space entry and behavior based safety, combustible dust.
- Knowledge in the technical fundamentals of safety management and risk assessments
- Ability to work in team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- PC Skills: Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and others as needed
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: