Job #: 14641
Title: Designer - Electrical / Instrumentation
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
May offer small sign on to help with relo cost
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We`ve had 8 placements to date with this client and a coulpe offers candidates took another opportunity
Designer - Electrical/Instrumentation JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
Under direct supervision, perform a variety of instrument electrical design for project executions. Support procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of projects with activities including assisting with preparation of labor/material estimates and design packages. Work typically performed in office and field.
- The individual must personally set a good example with all rules and regulations to achieve 100% universal compliance with HS&E (Health, Safety & Environmental) Procedures/Regulations.
- Participate in safety audits or surveillances.
- Strong understanding of P&IDs and PFDs.
- Create and review power distribution, switchgear, MCC, motor schematics, cabling, and conduit size.
- Create and review instrument installation drawings such as but not limited to pressure, flow, temperature, pH, control valves, level and DCS.
- Understand loop diagrams, interlock and control logic diagrams.
- Review and integrate vendor schematic and drawings into site based designs.
- Perform system walk downs for projects and as builds.
- Reform redlines of current plant drawings.
- Systems walk downs to identify deficiencies and ensure compliance to design and customer requirements.
- Verification to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Ensure construction practices as required are in compliance with operations/execution with federal, state, local and plant codes/policies.
- Assume responsibility for cost, schedule, and quantity and budget control.
- Review process package and prepare equipment/material specifications sheets to order items. Review with vendor to confirm capability and delivery to meet project objectives.
- Must be able analyze field data in operating facilities.
- Travel 10%
- General understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) / Material to Order (MTO) needs to incorporate types and quantities of detailed MTO/BOM
- Knowledge of instrumentation controls and DCS system design
- Knowledgeable of current National Electrical Code (NFPA-70) and other relevant NFPA standards, including application to installation needs
- 2+ years of AutoCAD or equivalent Certification of its use
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- High School Diploma
- Basic understanding of Industrial facilities
- Basic awareness of Safety programs and PPE requirements while performing field research
- 3D Computer Aided Drafting and Design experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD/EXCEL)
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years actual field installation of E&I equipment, devices, raceways
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with personnel of all levels (Craft through Executive)
How to Apply: