Job #: 14609
Title: Industrial Hygienist and Occupational Health Leader
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We`ve had 8 placements to date with this client and a coulpe offers candidates took another opportunity
Industrial Hygienist and Occupational Health Leader
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supply. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
The Industrial Hygienist and Occupational Health Leader will manage, coordinate, and implement IH and Occupational Health programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop, Implement and Improve the IH and OH programs and standards.
- Set clear expectations related to what is required by each facility to ensure compliance and establish a process to verify compliance
- Provide hands-on expertise to implement and maintain IH/OH programs.
- Ensure that IH Exposure Assessments and monitoring are performed and documented.
- Assess site IH and OH needs and help develop action plans to address gaps that are identified.
- Manage IH and OH consultant resources where required.
- Work with the sites to complete the IH and OH portions of the self-assessment process.
- Lead the Hearing Conservation and Ergonomics programs
- Assist sites in identifying engineering controls, personal protective equipment and work practices to minimize potential occupational health risks.
- Uses various IH tools and systems to assess potential health risks and resources where needed.
- Maintain and Improve the hazardous chemical management processes.
- Development, implementation and improvement of the asbestos program. Assist with identification processes, evaluated and controlled.
- Oversee the Radiation Safety Programs and put a compliance verification process in place.
- Promote and review capital projects in support of the IH and OH programs as necessary.
- Provide support to the Product Stewardship programs as necessary.
- Other duties as identified by manager
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor`s degree in industrial hygiene, engineering, chemistry, safety, nursing or related science.
- Minimum of 5 years working in industrial hygiene with at least 2 years in a chemical or petrochemical environment
- Minimum of 3 years in a lead role
Additional Candidate Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently
- Certification as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Self-motivated with strong initiative and bias for action
- Uncompromising drive for excellence and willingness to escalate issues as needed
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: