Job #: 14626
Title: Plant Manager
Job Location: Brunswick, Georgia - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $160,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is currently seeking a Plant Manager to help lead and drive change to their current operations at their newly acquired Brunswick, Georgia facility. The candidate will report to the Vice President, Operations and will oversees activities in support of the overall production objectives and is also responsible for cultivating a positive culture, mentoring direct reports and driving results. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Oversight for the manufacturing facility including the direct supervision of 5 production area managers while indirectly managing a 24 hour/7 day a week union production department of 90+ employees.
- Manage production with a results-driven framework focused on safety, quality and continuous improvement to meet customer demand and company goals.
- Develops a culture which minimizes risks throughout the facility and ensures compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Sets, monitors and uses the facility KPIs to drive efficiencies and value throughout the organization. Regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results. Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Oversees the development of operational optimization projects and submits projects as necessary for review and approval.
- Manages activities related to material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving. Monitors forecasts to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities, in close relation with DRT France Supply Chain department.
- Oversees the production schedule and overall efficiencies, addresses any issues within the department by working jointly with other departments. Supports the manufacturing organization with technical resources to resolve equipment and process issues and collaborate with other department leaders to resolve issues
- Manages and develops all employees. This includes recruiting, hiring, coaching, mentoring and giving proper performance feedback. Identifies training requirements and develops the skill-set within the team to support existing and new technologies.
- Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Some travel required potentially international.
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in the chemical or petroleum field.
- A minimum of 10 years leadership experience in a chemical or manufacturing industry.
- Strong leader who is results-driven with focus on future growth and optimization.
- Familiarization with thermal plastic resin preferred.
- Must have ability to interface with diverse teams, including vendors, business line management, operators, maintenance, project management, engineering, and colleagues in other global production facilities
- Computer Proficiency in all MS Office Software Apps including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SAP.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with proven time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- High degree of personal responsibility and initiative is required. Must possess a high level of integrity as well as excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with various departments. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: