Job #: 14639
Title: Capital Project Manager
Job Location: Brunswick, Georgia - United States
Salary: $125,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Capital Project Manager duties include management of projects for, new capital projects, facility renovations/retrofits, process improvements, equipment installations, and utility installations and modifications. The work is completed both directly by, internal teams, and third party services such as design firms, trade contractors, construction managers, equipment suppliers, and other service providers. Typical daily tasks involve developing specification for equipment, management of project engineers and engineering firms. Provides support to other departments including maintenance EH&S and operations in developing projects. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Provides the necessary leadership and responsible for managing large and complex capital improvement projects.
- Facilitates the collection of project requirements, objectives and expectations, and clearly communicates this information to project teams.
- Evaluate performance of project team members, or project managers assigned to the function of project management.
- Leads definition of project objectives, scope development, and front end engineering in support of the project development and execution.
- Develops company`s Project Management Process in execution of capital projects
- Manages project documentation of all capital projects and drawings.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Accountable for project controls: project cost estimating, planning/scheduling, project benchmarking, effective cost control/forecasting, effective project progress control, contracting/procurement-plans, cash flow management and financial status of the project.
- Direct company or contract project engineers in supporting roles on Major Projects
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Thorough knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, and other project-related activities, including their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Strong commitment to safety and environmental issues. Willingness to adhere to all safety and health rules, plant rules, procedures and guidelines.
- Computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Outlook. SAP a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision to accomplish goals and meet schedules.
- Proven solid work ethic and ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Possess strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be open-minded and adaptive to change, promote the collective interests of the team more than self-interest, able to resolve problems in a respectful manner.
- Experience with process control distribution systems and PLC a plus.
- Bachelors Degree is required in Mechanical, CHemical or Electrical Engineering. PMP Certification a plus.
- 10 to 15 years of experience as a project engineer. Preferably in a Petrochemical, chemical, or Refining industry on major capital projects
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Projects and SAP.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: