Job #: 10345
Title: Process Development Engineer
Job Location: Saint Louis, Missouri - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Process Development Engineer - St Louis, MO - Drying, Extraction, Filtration. JOB DESCRIPTION
Below is Client`s description:
Client has an opening in its St. Louis, MO location for a Process Engineer in the Manufacturing Technology organization. The person in this position will use his or her knowledge of engineering, chemistry, food science, microbiology, biotechnology, and other sciences to propose, prepare, conduct, direct, and analyze experiments and plant trials. The objective is to further knowledge and/or develop new and better processes, products and productivity improvements. Some engineers engage in basic process research, such as evaluating innovative technologies or equipment, and others in process development, such as development and scale-up of new products. The person in this position will support the pilot plant, including daily operations, food safety improvement efforts, capital projects, and identification of staffing needs. This person will primarily provide independent project planning and execution as well as provide project assistance to others in various R&D and Manufacturing groups throughout the company. Work will be completed at various scales, from research facilities up to commercial manufacturing facilities.
- Conduct work activities and demonstrate leadership behavior consistent with their Core Values.
- Use process expertise to insure facility and personal adherence to regulatory, company policies, good manufacturing and food safety requirements.
- Mentoring of engineering resources build professional and effective technical teams.
- Interface with R&D, Engineering, Operating, and Business resources to develop innovations and coordinate product rollouts in facility.
- Provide technical leadership and support to pilot and commercial plant capital projects, including design, capital justification, PSM, and commissioning activities.
- Provide daily technical support to pilot plant operations including process troubleshooting, root cause analysis, experiment planning, and risk analysis.
- Lead process optimization efforts to meet goals on quality and productivity, through improvements to process standards, equipment, control, and training.
- Participate in overall project planning and design experiments to reflect both small and large-scale manufacturing systems.
- Author experimental outlines, experimental reports and trial authorizations. Execute experiments, plant trials and co-packer/vendor trials.
- Design final production processes to meet technical needs. Includes the creation of mass balances, process flow diagrams, and cost estimation of new processes.
- BS in Chemical, Biochemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 - 10 years of experience in food ingredient manufacturing or related industry.
- Six Sigma or similar continuous improvement and statistical analysis experience
- Demonstrated team leadership and effective communication skills with capability to collaborate and develop win/win solutions.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve complex process issues using multiple disciplined teams and data driven analysis.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/tasks, adapt to changing conditions, and balance a big picture focus with detailed execution.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of critical systems including, HACCP, GMP, Hygienic Design, and PSM
- Knowledge of manufacturing unit operations, including extraction, centrifugation, sterilization/pasteurization, enzymatic reactions and drying technologies.
EXPERIENCE: BS Chem E with 5-10 years experience ideally from the food related process where unit operations are applied. Grains or AG or Specialty Chemicals can work. Ideally someone with Pilot Plant Scale up experience ( Process Development ) but will look at a plant process engineer who wants to do this work. Six Sigma highly desired. Should have relevant unit operations experience the more the better particularly Extraction, Centrifugation and Drying.
DUTIES: Most of the duties revolve around pilot plant trials and scale up to the plant level and this could be to modify or improve an existing product or a new product. There will also be technology transfer as well as searching out new technologies.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: