Job #: 14675
Title: Director Of Engineering
Job Location: Hartford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a partner to life science companies, producing precision sputtered films and medical coatings that make critical health care applications possible.This is a growing company that needs a leader for the future. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a partner to life science companies, producing precision sputtered films and medical coatings that make critical health care applications possible. They are ISO 13485 qualified and need a Director of Engineering who will be responsible for technology innovation as well as positioning the company to be technically differentiated in the markets the business supports.
The Director of Engineering will develop, execute and monitor strategies (technology roadmap), supported by agreed technologies, methods and tools, as well as their proper application.
The Director of Engineering is also responsible for engineering support of all ongoing processes and programs, working with Operations to achieve desired throughput and committed shipments.
The Director of Engineering will be actively involved in all aspects of directing and managing the product development team to meet or exceed agreed innovation, technology and product development targets.
- Lead enhancement and expansion of core technology and newly identified capabilities.
- Provide input to Corporate Technology Strategies through varies initiatives.
- Collaborate with business development group to expand markets, customer base and applications.
- Work with Marketing to drive product line innovation and with key customers to improve business
- Drive the process and works toward increasing the speed of new product and process development.
- Submit proposals to Executive Team for consideration and allocation of funds, including, but not limited to, technology development, project management and appropriate project staffing.
- Provide leadership, commitment and active involvement in the Long Range Planning process.
- Promote career growth of team by teaching, training, mentoring, advising and leading by example.
- Develop manage relationships with customers, government laboratories, consultants and universities.
- Support the divisions Green Belt and Black Belt programs.
- BS degree in Engineering or Physics, advanced degree preferred
- 10 + years technical experience and knowledge of thin film coating, web coating, film conversion, roll to roll, and medical FDA products
- 5 + years managerial experience in a related industrial field managing Research & Development.
- 10 + years hands on research and development experience in a related field.
- Proven track record of success and the communications skills to lead a diversified team.
- Prepare and present concise technical reports for internal and external communication purposes.
- Communicate professionally to management, peers, professional staff, hourly personnel, vendors and customers.
- Understand and know how to utilize statistics and design of experiments (DOE) methodology.
- Need ISO 9001 experience, prefer ISO 13485
- Green Belt or Black Belt expertise would be a plus.
- US citizen or Permanent Residency required and need to be travel as needed.
How to Apply: