Job #: 14681
Title: Staff Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Elmsford, New York - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $120,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Staff Mechanical Engineer - Tarrytown, NY
This job is with a global, multi-billion dollar medical diagnostics company. It`s an amazing opportunity to break into the medical field (no previous medical experience required) and to work on large complex machines, consisting of precision mechanisms, drives, fluid handling, electro-mechanical systems, heat transfer, sensors, electronics packaging, etc. It`s a fast-paced, best in class organization, and you`ll be responsible for the lifecycle development of unique projects. This company also promotes from within and the current Senior Manager we are working with to fill this role was placed by us 9 years ago in a Staff level role too. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job stability is outstanding in this organization/group, and the company is often touted for promoting from within. Turnover is extremely low, most people have been with the organization 6-15+ years. Cost of living differences are taken into consideration when they make offers. Relocation is paid. They offer competitive base salaries, 10% bonus, 6% 401K Match, 20 Days PTO, and full relocation.
- Responsible for quality, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness of Mechatronics Engineering designs for development projects.
- Drives cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment
- Actively participates in the identification of potential technical problems and provides effective solutions by application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, and processes; display original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems within the field of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering.
- Works closely with Fluidics, Systems, Electrical, Controls, Structural, Thermal, and Software Applications Engineers as well as with Reliability, Test, Manufacturing, and Service Engineers on the full integration of Mechatronics Engineering into product development.
- Responsible for timely and high-quality documentation of design progress, preparation, and execution of technical reviews.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement efforts for the Mechatronics Engineering function, contributes to the development and administration of Process, Practice and Procedures (PPPs) in the area of Mechatronics Engineering.
- Applies best practice and appropriate tool usage in actual daily practice.
- Responsible for quality of deliverables to manufacturing.
- Appropriately document designs, activities, and knowledge growth to meet project, organization, and regulatory needs.
- Travels as required by cross-site product development.
- Perform detailed engineering analysis of new and existing designs to verify robustness and design intent.
- Participates initiates and leads drafting and design reviews with a cross-functional team.
- Perform Work Package Team Lead activities by championing and driving design changes from inception through release, managing resources and schedule, and ensuring robust design through diligent engineering oversight.
- Bachelor`s and/or Master`s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- Must have 5-15+ years experience in mechanical product development with an emphasis on complex mechatronic / precision electromechanical devices (drive mechanisms). Industry experience should ideally be regulated or tightly controlled (medical, aerospace, aviation, pharm products, automotive; understanding of mechanical design and product development for robust performance with minimized cost and high manufacturability)
- Must have experience with one or more of the following: robotics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, sensor technologies, electronics packaging, or molding part design.
- Experience designing positioning devices through the use of slide, gear, magnetic, belt and motor mechanisms, with an understanding of motor control systems desired.
Working knowledge of analytical methods as well as practical benefits and limitations of state of the art FEA and motion simulation tools (e.g., NX Motion, ANSYS)
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings, schematics, change orders and bills of materials, knowledge in using TC/NX, Pro E and SAP is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Relevant Certifications such a Professional Engineering License is a plus
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: