Job #: 14702
Title: Refinery Sr. Process / PSM ENgineer
Job Location: Shreveport, Louisiana - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Sr Process/PSM Engineer will be responsible for both operations of a process area and driving PSM program compliance for the site. The incumbent will be monitoring and optimizing unit operations throughout the Princeton refinery via daily parameter, laboratory results and stream data analysis, computer aided simulation, process control, independent research, improvement projects/programs and good engineering practices. This position is expected to interact daily with plant personnel to identify, develop, and manage improvement projects. The Sr Process/PSM Engineer will drive the PSM program for the site. JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide engineering support for an operating area consisting of multiple units to achieve operational goals of process safety, HSE compliance, consistent and high product quality, efficiency improvement, unit cost reduction in the production of intermediate and finished products.
- Work may include process design, process optimization, process modeling, equipment design, chemical system improvements, new product development, debottlenecking, use of alternate raw materials, safety and environmental compliance, improving process control, development and implementation of improvement initiatives or other work related to process improvement.
- Interface with other plant functions including HSE, Engineering, Maintenance, Lab, etc.
- Work will require working independently as well as part of a team.
- Development KPI metrics/monitoring systems and tools to drive efficiency improvements and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze daily unit operating parameters and lab data for overall plant performance (safety, quality, efficiency, reliability, and throughput)
- Use simulation software for process modeling for evaluation of overall unit and equipment performance
- Monitor utilities required for unit operations performance, measure performance and identify/implement improvement opportunities to improve utility efficiency.
- Develop and generate on stream and utilization reports for processing unit equipment
- Drive improvement of the site PSM program by working with other functions to ensure compliance and implement improvements.
- Develop and maintain unit operating Process Safety Information
- Initiate and review Management Of Change for unit operations
- Develop and improve unit Operating Procedures, Training materials and Operating Limits
- Maintain Process & Instrument Diagrams, PFDs, Process Schematics, Block Diagrams
- Lead/Participate in Process Hazard Analysis reviews
- Address PHA action items requiring process engineering support.
- Provide process engineering/technology expertise to the site for all areas including distillation, hydrotreating, hydrogen generation, etc.
- Optimize catalyst operating conditions to maximize useful life, rate, cost and yield performance
- Lead/Participate in HSE incident investigations and customer complaints.
- Interact with maintenance for discussion and input on repair and maintenance procedures
- Provide support during turnarounds and assist in inspection/verification of process equipment
- Develop capital project scopes and cost estimates
- Interface with outside contractors as needed.
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 5-15 years of experience preferred
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Refinery operations including Crude Oil Distillation, Hydrotreating, and Hydrogen generation via steam/methane reforming preferred.
- Candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with process modeling and simulation software.
- OSHA PSM, PHAs, PSSRs, MOC, etc
- Able to multitask and handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Willingness to spend time in the field.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: