Job #: 14703
Title: Refinery Production Engineer
Job Location: Shreveport, Louisiana - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Engineer will be responsible for monitoring and optimizing unit operations throughout the Princeton refinery via daily parameter and stream data analysis, computer aided simulation, process control, independent research and good engineering practices. This position will provide direct communication to the operators for process conditions and parameters to meet optimization criteria. This position is expected to interact with all plant personnel, safety, and maintenance necessary to identify, develop, and manage improvement projects. Additional special projects will be assigned as needed. JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide day to day instruction on unit operating conditions to achieve throughput, reliability and quality objectives maximizing OEE
- Provide process engineering support to achieve operational goals of process safety, HSE compliance, consistent and high product quality, efficiency improvement, unit cost reduction in the production of intermediate and finished products.
- Lead root cause analysis studies to resolve plant process and equipment related issues
- Interface with other most other plant functions including Operations, Maintenance, Lab, Engineering, HSE, Distribution, etc.
- Development KPI metrics/monitoring systems and tools to drive efficiency improvements and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze daily unit operating parameters and lab data for overall plant efficiency control and improvements.
- Monitor utilities required for unit operations performance, measure performance and identify/implement improvement opportunities to improve utility efficiency.
- Develop and generate on stream and utilization reports for processing unit equipment
- Understand unit capacities and bottlenecks and identify opportunities for improvements to meet business plan needs.
- Maximize profitability through production optimization, implementing new products and capacity and by controlling costs as appropriate
- Provide process engineering/technology expertise to the site for all areas including distillation, hydrotreating, hydrogen generation, etc.
- Lead/Participate in incident investigations.
- Interact with maintenance on work order priorities and repairs.
- Provide support during turnarounds and assist in inspection/verification of process equipment
- Work will require working independently as well as part of a team.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering
- 5 Plus Years refining and/or distillation experience
- 3 years of experience in Oil Fractionation (Atmospheric and Vacuum) or Lube Oil Hydrotreating
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, including safety considerations in engineering design, recommendations, and operability
- Refinery operations including Crude Oil Distillation, Hydrotreating, and Hydrogen generation via steam/methane reforming preferred.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, and ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and in the time required
- Candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of the following in context of refinery operations:
- OSHA Process Safety Management (PHA, MOC, PSSR)
- Industry codes and standards such as API 520 and API 521
- Process control elements and systems
- Able to multitask and handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
How to Apply: