Job #: 14758
Title: Process Design Engineer
Job Location: Columbia, Maryland - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 14% bonus, 6% match 401k, 4% retirement contribution
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Sr. Process Design Engineer - Exclusive Search
With the company taking aggressive actions to expand and grow, they are looking to improve and upgrade their facilities across the nation and some internationally! They are looking to hire the right type of talent and a fast paced, driven type of personality. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Process Design Engineer will have direct responsibility for the Process Engineering function as it relates to capital projects. The individual will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of process scopes and related documents within area of assigned responsibility. The Process Design Engineer must have a thorough understanding of process equipment design including pumps, heat exchangers, vessels, etc. Must be able to apply process tools to design piping systems, complete material and energy balances, and perform process optimization studies. Individual will coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design issues.
- Evaluates and approves process design changes and specifications.
- Develops in collaboration with Process Technology, Business Units and Operations and assures adherence to a standard Basis of Design (BOD) package which includes Scope of Work, PFDs, P&IDs and material balances.
- Develops project studies to evaluate options (technically and economically) and recommends the best solution.
- Directing integration of process design activities and production requirements into capital projects
- Develops front end packages.
- Developing equipment and services bid documentation and reviewing vendor quotations and issues procurement recommendations.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Evaluating EH&S design requirements and ensuring adherence to corporate policies
- Participates as engineering representative in PHAs (Process Hazard Analysis)
- Leading/participating in various project and kickoff meetings throughout project life cycle.
- Providing assistance in the development of the capital and operating budgets.
- Developing project plans and communicating changes and progress
- Support start up activities from a process engineering perspective
- Prioritizing workloads and effectively managing 3rd party engineering team to execute assigned workloads.
- Firm understanding and compliance with all Corporate Engineering Directives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to manage and collaborate with internal and external resources
- Strong business acumen and ability to prioritize needs based on financial and business impacts
- Ability to manage complex projects across many facilities and functions
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- BS Chemical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in process design and process engineering work in the chemical industry.
- Thorough understanding of unit operations used within company`s operating segments.
- Must have proven ability to execute front end design for capital projects with strong oral/written communication skills and the ability to interact and work in a team environment.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: