Job #: 14781
Title: Test and Development Engineer (RF / Solid-State / Amplifier)
Job Location: Hauppauge, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Local preferred or ties to the area
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Test & Development Engineer (RF / Solid State / Amplifier)
We have an immediate need for a Test & Development Engineer on central Long Island, to join a successful, growing global manufacturer of electromechanical instruments and devices (over $4B in size , this division is <$100M ). Products manufactured are highly engineered and end users are commercial/industrial, aerospace/defense/military, and aftermarket. This role reports to the Engineering Manager. This is a global, multi-site business, very profitable, dynamic group of people and impressive products. We are looking for a strong hands-on leader. JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for an Engineer strong in test & design verification; working with high power solid state modules/systems from 10 kHz to 6Ghz (power levels from 2-5000 watts and up to 20kW pulse). You will test & troubleshoot analog circuitry for ancillary power amplifiers.
- Tune and Test power amplifier modules
- Mark up documentation of implemented changes. Write ECNs
- Test fast analog control circuitry
- Update schematics, BOMs, pcb layouts, assembly drawings and test procedures for modified designs
- Test designs to SCD
- Participate in Critical Design Review process
- Work closely with design engineers and assemblers
- Minimum Associates Degree, Bachelors` Desired
- 5-20+ years experience with RF / Microwave field
- Experience with Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Knowledge of power amplifier thermal management is required.
- Strong in Orcad schematic capture
- Circad / OmniGlyph PCB Layout (or similar layout experience)
- Understand high power amplifier thermal management techniques
- Strong organizational skills are required as well as detailed documentation of designs.
- U.S. citizenship or hold the proper work visa to work in the U.S.A.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: